Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia bh-202 pairing problems

• 14-01-2007 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

have been using a Nokia BH-202 headset with a Nokia 6680. I've recently upgraded the phone to a BlackBerry Pearl but I can't unpair the headset to be able to pair it with my new phone. Can anyone help?

TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Delete the pairing from "MY Devices" under bluetooth on your 6680 (although you don't usually need to).

Then put it into pairing mode and search for it from the BB. Usually you hold down the "answer call" button until the status like goes solid blue, or flashing blue/red alternatively to get the headset into pairing mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

yeah unfortunatly it's getting it into pairing mode is the problem. You hold down the one button for 5 seconds to turn it on, and the same to turn it off. The manual says to get it into pairing mode you hold down the same button for 8 seconds, but this doesn't work as it either turns on (or off) the headset after holding it down for 5!!!
    Nuts I know but it's what happens!

duploelabs wrote:
    yeah unfortunatly it's getting it into pairing mode is the problem. You hold down the one button for 5 seconds to turn it on, and the same to turn it off. The manual says to get it into pairing mode you hold down the same button for 8 seconds, but this doesn't work as it either turns on (or off) the headset after holding it down for 5!!!
    Nuts I know but it's what happens!
    Just keep holding it down until it goes into pairing mode. Ignore the 8 seconds. Keep holding for up to 20 seconds in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

nope still doesn't work, just turns on or off. Have tried holding it down for eons several times.

grrrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 danilom

Make sure that the headset is on, and put it in pairing mode by pressing
    the answer/end key and the volume up (+) key at the same time over 5
    seconds until the blue indicator light lights up.

This is from the manual for another headset the HS36W it looks just like 202 ...but the pairing is different.. this worked for me... hope it works for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Blackberries use a different form of BT, as far as I know. Normal BT headsets/car kits won't work with it.

6 month old thread! And I've successfully used a "normal" bluetooth headset with a Blackberry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 gerryjc

I had a similar issue with my BH-202 when upgrading to an E71.
    I solved it by turning off the headset.
    Then Turn on the headset by holding down the button.
    However, do not release the button when it turns on, keep it held.
    Eventually the light will stay on a constant green, this indicates that it is in pairing mode.
    Searched for devices and it worked as expected.
    Hope this helps, although I'm sure you've given up at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 aendr

Might not have helped him, but it certainly helped me after spending longer than I wanted to trying!

Advertisement