Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LastMile price reduction

Options
  • 14-01-2007 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Just seen this on Lastmile.ie,

January 2007: Reduced service prices for Residential and SOHO services. Free connection for Business, Enterprise and Enterprise+ services.

Anyone have any more info on this?, I would imagine it`s not going to be a big reduction, i would have preferred a speed increase.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I wouldn't go nuts if this is correct:

Residential 512k/128k * €31.40 ex VAT €78.50 ex VAT 10 GBytes **

As opposed to what is in the service agreement:

Residential - 512kbps/128kbps (€33.05 ex VAT)
    Connection fee € 81.82

Looks like a little bit taken off each and thats about it if this is the change.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭VINNIEB

Bastards, thats an insult, 3 euro reduction, if only i had options i would drop them.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭XDA

I've been seriously thinking about dropping them in favour of a data card from either Vodafone or 3, I think this has finally made my mind up for me.

XDA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭pointofnoreturn

This is what's on the website Prices
    • Service Speed Monthly Cost Connection Fee Monthly Data Transfer Limit
    • Residential 512k/128k * €31.40 ex VAT €78.50 ex VAT 10 GBytes **
    • SOHO 512k/512k * €59 ex VAT €78.50 ex VAT 15 GBytes **
    • Business 1M/512k * €99 ex VAT Free Unlimited **
    • Enterprise 1M/1M * €149 ex VAT Free Unlimited **
    • Enterprise+ 2M/1M * €249 ex VAT Free Unlimited **

These prices are like 3 years old! plus 512kbits! you want to be joking!! Lastmile are no longer are GBS funded scheme, they have loads of 3.5Ghz licences all over the midlands! (see Last M circles)
    3_5GHZ_CHD.jpg
    From the comreg site

Plus their using proper service provider equipment that has no problem in delivering up 8Mbits or more! (Airspan)
    So if any of Lastmile are reading this, get with the times we want to see packages starting @ 2Mbits+ and if your saying it's to do with costs then tell us! where your business is getting ripped off!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Just to update this, they have updated the subscriber agreement and the prices now include vat:

Residential

Service Speed (Down/Up)
    512k/128k

Monthly Data Limit
    10 GBytes

Contention Ratio
    40:1

Connection Fee(Incl VAT 13.5%)

Monthly Service Fee(Incl VAT 21.0%)

Initial Payment(Connection Fee + First MonthlyPayment including VAT)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

yeah i know 512 in this day and age is a joke :mad: but tbh over the last 2 weeks im actually getting what im paying for im getting my full dl speed:eek: anybody else notice this try dl this and see what speed ya get www.url.ie/qv/ mine starts at 140 kbps then drops to 55 kbps

Getting about 52-54kbs download, though not the problem.
    Paying 37 euro per month for 512/128 is, (compared to the competition).

We are been held to ransom because most of us who subscribe to last mile have no other choices.

Roll on HSDPA data cards, when vodafone, 02, three, complete their upgrades nationwide we will have choices.I am hearing of download speeds of between 1.8mbs - 3mbs download.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

VINNIEB wrote:
    Getting about 52-54kbs download, though not the problem.
    Paying 37 euro per month for 512/128 is, (compared to the competition).

We are been held to ransom because most of us who subscribe to last mile have no other choices.

Roll on HSDPA data cards, when vodafone, 02, three, complete their upgrades nationwide we will have choices.I am hearing of download speeds of between 1.8mbs - 3mbs download.

vinnie i cant disagree with ya, but i dont thing the 3g cards are the answer either, the dl cap is very small and i believe its not much good for gaming, but last mile will have get there act together soon, it wont be long ( I HOPE ) till some real bb companies start competing with last mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

Are Lastmile going to bring out Wi-Max? I see Eircon are now offering Wi-Max trials to people that cannot get BB over their landlines now. I have to say I have been using Lastmile for the last few years and while they had their down times (I gave out about them several times) lately they have been rather good and I am getting what I am paying for. Except compared to other service providers their prices are way on the expensive side. They got a 2.6 million grant from the Gov to set up WBB for people like me that cannot get any other sort of BB. So are they going to just go on a long holiday now or are they committed to bringing us a better service. There might be a HUGE hint in that price drop they made. I wonder?

I`ve read in a post here a while ago the Last Mile purchaced some WI Max gear recently.

I emailed and phoned them about price reduction or speed increase previously, both replys were short and to the point, "we have no plans on either price reduction or speed increase, though the guy on the phone rudly said "mabey you should explore other options for broadband".

Again I think like most Last Mile users would agree the service is quite good, it`s the price and speed of the service which is most annoying.

C`mon Last Mile Just another 512mbs and I would be happy.(For a while anyway)

• Advertisement
Advertisement