Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attaching images to posts

Options
  • 14-01-2007 9:52pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi. You'd think at this stage id know how to do this by now...

anyway, how do i attach an image to a post rather than just attached it as a file? (Im posting in cuckoo's nest at the time)

I tried attached the file and copying the link into the insert picture box (the one with the mountain) but no joy.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Well, you need to make sure the image is on the internet somewhere first of all. To upload an image to tEh ItnearWEBz you could try uploading it to www.imageshack.us. Then you would get the url (www.imagelocation.com/picture.jpg) and copy it.

Then enclose the url in image 'tags' by doing this:
    [noparse]picture.jpg[/noparse]

Always check the bottom of the forum you want to post an image on to see if [img]code is on though as some fora have it switched off. e.g. tCN has these permissions: vB code is On Smilies are On[/img]code is On HTML code is Off

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Thanks Gordon (also Ruu and smellyirishman who PM'd me), i didnt realise that the image had to be on the web first. :)

Advertisement