Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

overclcking log

Options
  • 14-01-2007 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

ok said i might as well post how im doing,just messed around with the bios and set everthing l00se and started to look for my max cpu overclcok i just got it 2500 stable on first go using occt and super pi.will try 2600 now or maby 2700 ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

wanna maybe post some screenies? BTW get gadwin, its a free util and makes taking screenshots a helluvalot easier, exports the screen straight to a jpeg when you hit the printscreen button.

Don't just go jumping in with some overclocks, post your benchies before overclocking with everything at stock so that you can see the gradual benefit of your overclocking as you do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

ok lmrd will show ya benchies of default soon what ya want 3d mrak ,super pi ?

ok aslo wana add i was havin problems i could not loosen my ram 1 bit from 3-4-4-8,if i did the pc would not boot.

i have goten my max cpu to 275x10 but when i try to boot into 280 i get a blue screen for about 1/2 a sec so cant see it.

here is some setting(i dont use this just its a fast easy way to show ram settings)

screenshot001xg7.th.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

You will deffinatly need to up the voltages for the cpu chipset and the ram.

My opty at 2.85 needs 1.5v for the cpu 1.7 for the chiset, and 3.2 for the ram to be stable at anything over 2.7ghz.

I noticed your idle cpu temp is 20c. Or was the screenie taken 10 seconds after you booted into windows?

na put it up too 1.55 and it would not boot in at 2800 :(

rams at 2.6 which is mena be the max for these chips.

think im wil setlle for 2750 ,hopefully my ram will be able to do 275 :)

Your ram is only rated to run at 250mhz. So you will need to relax the timings and add some more juice to it to get it stable.

• Advertisement

cant cant make the timings any looser or it wont boot !!!got the timings from the dfi data on theses and people have got these to around 260-275 but some are under so i duno yet might put them on a divider.

screenshot0028xn3.jpg
    24358924st5.jpg
    screenshot0020mb2.jpg

here the ram is runnin at 250 at 180 divider.
    i love the temps tunqui rocks!!!

are you sure those temps are right? 29'c load @ 2.7Ghz?

Try opening up coretemp and running the stress test again as I think smart guardian reads the CPU socket temp which can sometimes be miscalibrated. Coretemp reads directly from the core diode

Impressive 3dmark score there.

• Advertisement

you were right lmrd each core is around 43-47 c on load nice 1 man :D

thats more like it. Still good temps for that overclock though.

Advertisement