Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mink oil

• 14-01-2007 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey,
    Anyone know where I can get a bottle of pur mink oil (for reconditioning leather)? Preferably in Dublin.
    Jack

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Bump !

Same Question .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Disgusting. Why don't you use a product that DIDN'T involve animal cruelty? Mink oil is a by-product of the fur trade.

Go to a tack shop and get saddle soap/oil, or use macadamia nut oil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Have ye tried the furrier on Anne st of Grafton st or there's a leather shop at the st stephen's green end of Harcourt st

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

eth0_, the poster is not asking for your opinion on mink oil, only where to get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

yeah most leather shops or horse tack supply places should have it

lol and how might it involve animal cruelty .. im sure they dont render the fat off the minks while they are still alive ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

yeah most leather shops or horse tack supply places should have it

lol and how might it involve animal cruelty .. im sure they dont render the fat off the minks while they are still alive ffs

It's a byproduct of the fur trade. I suggest you educate yourself on how mink fur is "harvested" before you make such an ignorant remark.

Twee. - sorry about that. It's an emotive subject for me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

No problem, I can understand that. Just had visions of the thread spiraling into a fur debate ;)

Advertisement