Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Curling Hair with GHD?

• 14-01-2007 11:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭

Can anyone here curl their hair with their GHD?

I've tried, and although I did manage to get one piece lovely and ringletty, I've no idea how I managed it. I have watched videos demoing it on youtube but I still can't get it. I just get a stupid looking kink.
    Some girls in my class in college can do it perfectly.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭uniquechic

Im the same no matter how many time i try I cant get it right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Next time you're getting your hair done ask the hairdresser to show you. Hard to explain it but when you see it being done it's pretty easy to understand it. I still suck at it though so just ended up buying curling tongs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

LadyLotts wrote:
    Next time you're getting your hair done ask the hairdresser to show you. Hard to explain it but when you see it being done it's pretty easy to understand it. I still suck at it though so just ended up buying curling tongs.

I've never understood how it's done.. i just end up ironing wierd creases into my hair :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Check my bebo, I used the ghd in all of my curly hair pics.
    Take a section of hair.
    Bring the GHD from root to tip, as you would when you straighten.
    Then go back to the root, bring the GHD half way down the length of hair.
    Flip your hair around the GHD once, I Have attached a very badly drawn example.
    Now, if you want lose curls all you need to do, after flipping the hair around the GHD, is take the GHD to the end of your hair.
    If you want tighter curls then bring the ghd to the end and then role the hair around the ghd as you bring it back to the root, as you would if you were using a curling thongs.
    Just hold for two seconds and then open the ghd slowly, whilst unravelling the hair in a downward motion.

God, it is so hard to explain through text, but I hope you get the idea.

Give me a shout if your confused or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g85QkJncQeA

Hey, I found this on YouTube.

It drags on a bit, but you get the idea.
    If you wand tighter curls then the girl in the video, just wind your straighteners a little tighter and you will have a Shirley Temple do in no time :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement