Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom price

Options
  • 14-01-2007 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

ok I was wondering if nayone knew how much eircom would charge me if I wanted to get a wireless modem off them, one that could still conect by cable to my desktop but also give me wireless for laptop and xbox 360, I already have 2mb broadband anytime from them, so deos anyone know?

I was only thinking of this as opposed to buying a wireless router, but could anyone recommend me one for xbox live?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

adamcp wrote:
    ok I was wondering if nayone knew how much eircom would charge me if I wanted to get a wireless modem off them, one that could still conect by cable to my desktop but also give me wireless for laptop and xbox 360, I already have 2mb broadband anytime from them, so deos anyone know?

I was only thinking of this as opposed to buying a wireless router, but could anyone recommend me one for xbox live?

Thanks

As always the simplest way of finding out is to ring Eircom and ask them. When did you sign up originally with Eircom? They have been giving out wireless modems for some time now.

Something like the netgear DG834G would be a pretty solid recommendation.

http://netgear.co.uk/extra/h_wirelessrouter_dg834g.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭adamcp

Yeah I'm going to ring them tomorrow but I don't look forward to the idea of spending ages waiting to talk to a foreigner who won't sound liek they know what I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Just in case you're using a USB connection to your existing modem, the wireless modems are ethernet/wireless only. No USB.

You can also buy the Eircom wireless router for €24.99 if they won't send you one. See here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055013272

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭adamcp

Yeah I'm using ethernet.

I rang them today and they said €98 :eek: , but to get one for 24.99 why do I have to give a 01701 number?

Advertisement