Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam numbers and that...

Options
  • 14-01-2007 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭

When are we getting them, does anyone know? Or has anyone already got them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I got mine already for my home-ec project, wrote it down but God only knows where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

We got ours today. You have to fill out a form, probably sometime soon, that confirms your name, birthday, subjects and levels, and allows you to make changes and stuff. After that, we got our exam numbers on a sticky-pad thing

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yup, got ours today. That subject-level form is a load of crap. Had me down for Honours Irish, Ordinary Maths, Physics, History & Accounting. Totally opposite on all them. Where do they get their ideas. Exam No. is currently on my hand right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

we did that form already iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Just so ye know, your exam numbers/CAO numbers (the '07xxxxxx') one will continue to be your student numbers in College.

Factoid of the Day.

• Advertisement

Except for the horrible realisation that your exam numbers are very different from your CAO numbers. FActoid quashed methinks. Its the exam number(6 digit one you get in school) is the one you keep for college. Government only think of us as a number, pfft...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Jay112

Got mine on friday! now reality is starting to set in im afraid! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Mushy wrote:
    Except for the horrible realisation that your exam numbers are very different from your CAO numbers. FActoid quashed methinks. Its the exam number(6 digit one you get in school) is the one you keep for college. Government only think of us as a number, pfft...

Actually it's your CAO number (which will start 07....) that you keep for college. I've gone back to college again to do another qualification and I've got the same student number that I had 23 years ago!!

Your exam number is purely for your LC only.

Mike

(Factoid quashed quashed :D)

Delphi91, the other person said the exam number though aswell. Why do all CAO numbers start 07? is it cos of the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Mushy wrote:
    Delphi91, the other person said the exam number though aswell. Why do all CAO numbers start 07? is it cos of the year?

Yeah, the first two digits are the year - in my case it's 83 (showing my age here!!)

Exam numbers tend to be 5-6 digits and are solely used by the Examinations commission for the LC. They're not even the same ones you had for JC.

• Advertisement

Ibid wrote:
    Just so ye know, your exam numbers/CAO numbers (the '07xxxxxx') one will continue to be your student numbers in College.

Factoid of the Day.

Unless you go on to do a postgrad. Usually you get a new number then.

Advertisement