Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

firewall - unblocking

Options
  • 14-01-2007 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I am trying to use one of the music sites for uploading songs etc to ipod (MP3 Rocket) but recently my internet connection for this site says that it is blocked by the firewall in place (NTL is internet connection)
    I have tried to manually open a port in internet connection firewall ( from Microsoft windows site) but still isnt connecting
    Any ideas ?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I am trying to use one of the music sites for uploading songs etc to ipod (MP3 Rocket) but recently my internet connection for this site says that it is blocked by the firewall in place (NTL is internet connection)
    I have tried to manually open a port in internet connection firewall ( from Microsoft windows site) but still isnt connecting
    Any ideas ?
    Thanks

Windows ICF does not block or monitor outbound traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 student2006

I used the instructions per the Microsoft website to open a port to allow the Rocket access thats all, it had nothing to do with Microsoft !!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I used the instructions per the Microsoft website to open a port to allow the Rocket access thats all, it had nothing to do with Microsoft !!

My point was Microsoft's ICF (Which is a microsoft product which has something to do with microsoft) doesn't _block_ or _monitor_ OUNTBOUND traffic.

So you don't start troubleshooting local client OUTBOUND issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 student2006

ntlbell, sorry but have no idea what you mean by above, any ideas what I can do to allow access to rocket ?

Advertisement