Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT download limit, both ways?

Options
  • 14-01-2007 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

hi,
    hopefully someone can help me.
    the bt ireland website says

"Broadband Option 1: Usage limit: 10GB per month
    Broadband Option 2: Usage limit: 20GB per month
    Broadband Option 3: Usage limit: 30GB per month

You will be entitled to use these limits in either direction without penalty."

'either' means 'one or the other'. but 'without penalty' seems to contradict this meaning.
    i presume they mean in 'both directions', that is, with option 2, 20GB up and 20GB down per month.

can some confirm please
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

I believe they mean in total so Upload + Download = Total used towards cap

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

s_mury wrote:
    "Broadband Option 1: Usage limit: 10GB per month
    Broadband Option 2: Usage limit: 20GB per month
    Broadband Option 3: Usage limit: 30GB per month

You will be entitled to use these limits in either direction without penalty."
    There used to be an addition to that, that said:
    "ie. you can download and upload the limit in the same month without penalty"
    but they seem to have removed it. To date they haven't enforced the caps but the only ones that can give the definative answer you're looking for is BT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 s_mury

thanks guys..
    thats what i was thinking kaizersoze,
    bt customer support is completely useless, they dont reply to any online questions and the phone line is always busy with long holding times
    hence the post here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The limits on BT have always been in each direction, so 10 up and 10 down, not combined. As said though, they're fairly lenient on the cap as long as you don't go completely crazy. I'd say 2-3x the cap would be fair enough, more than this and you run the risk of being disconnected. They have disconnected people (me included) in the past for breaking the cap, it wasn't permanent though.

Advertisement