Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring Colleges

Options
  • 15-01-2007 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, was hoping if someone could help me out here.

Im currently doing Business Studies, in year 1 but was hoping to transfer at the end of the year to DCU (or Trinity, if at all possible to do BESS). I got sufficient points in the Leaving Cert to cover both these courses, and am just wondering what my first course of action should be? Is it possible to transfer straight into 2nd year or would I have to start again? Do I need to fill out a new CAO form? Any info appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

Hi Archimedes, i know one of my friends xfered from engineering in carlow it to enginerring in DIT he was in 2nd year at the time he completed 2nd year and then went into 2nd year in dit

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyberwit

With a Higher cert after the two years you can go to a university and get exempt from the first year only and you need a merit 1 or distinction in the higher cert. What ever you certification you will need more then first year to get exempt and you will more then likely have to enter the university through the CAO and not directly as with normal transfer students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Im not doing the cert, im doing BBS so does this change anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I'm not sure that changes anything really. I'd say your best bet is to apply to the CAO again and drop out of the course.

Just out of curiosity, what don't you like about BBS?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Minto wrote:
    Just out of curiosity, what don't you like about BBS?

Strange, I take it u dont mind the course so far then. A lot of people I spoke to about the course hated it. Tho, I think its more the fact they hated WIT and the shabby mess that it can be.

*shrrugs*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Sully04 wrote:
    Strange, I take it u dont mind the course so far then. A lot of people I spoke to about the course hated it. Tho, I think its more the fact they hated WIT and the shabby mess that it can be.

*shrrugs*

I love the course actually! A lot of people seem to hate it, but its more the lecturer side of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Mainly the lecturers. Im sure he's a nice man, and Ive no doubt that he knows his stuff, and maybe its just me, but I just cant follow anything Eugene Power explains.

Its also Waterford. No disrespect to anybody, but I find it slightly boring. There are also personal reasons above all else that I wish to move to Dublin so no disrespect intended to anyone.

Advertisement