Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any suggestions - short passage

• 15-01-2007 1:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I was bored earlier on and decided to translate my Bebo page into Irish.

Ok, was on this thing a while back - quit for some reason. So, here I am (again). Anywho - I'm Dave, in 6th year right now and just counting the weeks/days left til this aul' Ardteistiméireacht is over and done with - bring on College.

Ceart go leor, bhím anseo tamall ó shin ach d'fhág mé ... níl me cinnte cén fáth ach anois - táim ar ais arís. Ar scor ar bith, Daithí is ainm dom, agus láithreach bonn táim sa séú bhliain agus ag áireamh (counting) na laethanta/seachtaine go dtí go sroichfear an dara céim (ollscoil) nuair a bheidh an Ardteist thart.

<<< my ugly mug on the left there - if you don't know me, or you might just want to look at me for a bit. It's all good

<<< mo phus gránna ar thaobh na láimhe clé - má níl a fhios (agaibh) mé féin, sin nó tá fonn ort ... píosa beag(for a bit). Ní stró ar bith é

This one I couldn't get the grammar 100%, I had to leave a bit out.

Check out the flashbox if your bored, somethin new on it most nights.

Amharc ar mo bhosca laom má tá leamhthuirse ort, rud éigin eile nua
    ó am go ham.

That's all ...

Sin é ...

Ok, so I think I'v a rough translation there. Could anyone try and fix up the grammar a bit for me please? Thanks in advance for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

It's late so I'm just going to do a small bit now. I'll do the rest if someone else hasn't done it for me tomorrow.
    ThatGuy wrote:
    Ok, so I was bored earlier on and decided to translate my Bebo page into Irish.

Ok, was on this thing a while back - quit for some reason. So, here I am (again). Anywho - I'm Dave, in 6th year right now and just counting the weeks/days left til this aul' Ardteistiméireacht is over and done with - bring on College.

Ceart go leor, bhím anseo tamall ó shin ach d'fhág mé ... níl me cinnte cén fáth ach anois - táim ar ais arís. Ar scor ar bith, Daithí is ainm dom, agus láithreach bonn táim sa séú bhliain agus ag áireamh (counting) na laethanta/seachtaine go dtí go sroichfear an dara céim (ollscoil) nuair a bheidh an Ardteist thart.

bhí mé rather than bhím
    I láthair na huaire rather than láithreach bonn (You're trying to say currently, rather than immediately)

seachtainí rather than seachtaine (nominate plural rather than genitive singular)

Sroichfidh mé - rather than sroichfear (you 're talking in the first person singular)

And I presume you mean tríú (third) céim rather than dara (second) céim, as regards university. Other than that it's very good. Maith thú.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

ThatGuy wrote:
    This one I couldn't get the grammar 100%, I had to leave a bit out.

Check out the flashbox if your bored, somethin new on it most nights.

Amharc ar mo bhosca laom má tá leamhthuirse ort, rud éigin eile nua ó am go ham.

A couple of changes: "mo bhosca Flash" is probably better since Flash is a software name; and I'd add in a couple of words to the second clause to make it a full sentence on its own:cuirfidh mé rud éigin nua ann ó am go ham.

Advertisement