Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on this please ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Having used both German and American solutions for water-cooling, I'm not a fan of the German style. That being said, the triple rad in the stacker if mounted correctly should be around 6 degrees cooler. Not a big fan of the pump, its a low power quiet pump normally used for zero noise setups. Also Stacker is very noisy even with low speed fans, you can hear everything.
    Flaccus wrote:
    a Laing Pump which I hear is well thought off,

Its the best pump on the market with a selection of custom tops, but seems to be one of the most unreliable as well. There are a heap of threads on wc boards complaining about pumps dying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Thanks for the advice.

Hmmm...maybe I won't watercool after all.
    Can't find any reviews of the Cool Answer III Laing Edition.

In your view would this knock 10 degrees off my cpu temps compared to say a Tuniq.
    And how noisy would that pump be. The fan looks like a low noise Papst job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

flaccus if you have the money to splurge on a decent watercooled system why not spend it on a decent TEC solution instead? Easier to manage and just as good if not better than watercooling.

Flaccus wrote:
    In your view would this knock 10 degrees off my cpu temps compared to say a Tuniq.

To put things in perspective, I use a 200 euro pure silver waterblock, 2 d5 pumps and a triple PA.120.3 with high speed 120mil fans. Its about 10 degrees cooler than a tunic with a great mount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?

Silverstone Technology TJ07 Super Tower with Quad 120 Rad - Watercooled Edition

• Advertisement

TonyM. wrote:
    http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?

Silverstone Technology TJ07 Super Tower with Quad 120 Rad - Watercooled Edition

Lol, cant beat or come close to Thermochill rads so they release a quad rad. I cant wait to see what people do with this, if you have ever seen a triple rad up close you would understand. It's nearly the full length of a case.

Advertisement