Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pats beat Chargers!!!

Options
  • 15-01-2007 2:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Woo hoo!!!!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

What a comeback, great last few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Epic effort from the Pats.

Brady is a legend. Brady vs Manning next week, delighted. Cant wait.

Never right the bee's off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

I thought the aim of the game was to catch the ball??

Who was the fool that watched a ball that landed A WHOLE TWO FEET FROM WHERE HE WAS WATCHING and then couldnt catch a ball that lay STATIONARY ON THE GROUND IN FRONT OF HIM. Lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭free2fly

Classic!! So much for crowd noise :p Bring on Indy!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭The jock

Yea!Come on Patroits and Saints Superbowl!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Indy and Pats again in the playoffs ??

I wonder if Peyton will ever win one of these post season matchups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Brady is a legend.
    not after last night, too many Interceptions, he was very lucky that his Offence were so good at recovering the ball from them, he didn't look anything like Tom Brady Superbowl Winner. couldn't believe it was him throwing. he'll want to up his performance for the Conference game cause that was short of his best by a long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Troy Brown is a legend. Only for his INCREDIBLE play by stripping the ball I think the pats would not have won

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Great game, really enjoyed it.
    It was classic New England and classic Belichick. They pulled it out when it was tight and won by 3 points.
    Brady wasn't that great but have to give him credit for last quarter drive. On other hand the Chargers threw it away, untimely fumbles and the absolute idiot who decided to headbut a Patriot and giving them a 1st down when they were on 4th down.

I was hoping the Patriots would win as wanted to see Brady versus Manning again, I reckon they could pull it out again and make it superbowl number 4, imo the afc championship game is for all intense and purposes the championship game as NFC is so weak!

not after last night, too many Interceptions, he was very lucky that his Offence were so good at recovering the ball from them, he didn't look anything like Tom Brady Superbowl Winner. couldn't believe it was him throwing. he'll want to up his performance for the Conference game cause that was short of his best by a long run.

H still got it done when he needed too. He did have a few ints and some poor throws. But the drive just before half-time was excellent. They were given plenty of oppurtunities to in the 4 quarter, but he took those oppurtunities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

gutted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Brady and Bellichick are both legends. San Diego slipped up and allowed the Patriots to get the job done. Brady was instrumental in that win last night so what he had a couple of ints against one of the best pass rushing d-line and linebackers. Brady barely had the 4 seconds allowed in the pocket with the likes of Merrimen breathing down his kneck. So Brady is still legend. The End

H still got it done when he needed too. He did have a few ints and some poor throws. But the drive just before half-time was excellent. They were given plenty of oppurtunities to in the 4 quarter, but he took those oppurtunities.
    thats not what i'm saying, whatever you feel about him, his performance last night was far from legendary, he threw too many Interceptions in an important game, describing that as legendary is farcical. he was rescued in the 4th Quarter from a potentially embarassing Interception when the ball was stripped from the Chargers DB Hands. if you think thats Brady at his best your way off the mark.

thats not what i'm saying, whatever you feel about him, his performance last night was far from legendary, he threw too many Interceptions in an important game, describing that as legendary is farcical. he was rescued in the 4th Quarter from a potentially embarassing Interception when the ball was stripped from the Chargers DB Hands. if you think thats Brady at his best your way off the mark.

As a Patriots fan for the last 15 years and remember Brady's first year in 2001 and Superbowl win that year and also the wins in 2003,2004 Last nights performance was excellent from Brady. Ok he threw interceptions but as a Pats fan we are used to Brady throwing ints in the playoffs and the pats still go on to win the game. Brady saved the game for the Pats before half time with a a 70 yard drive in leass than 2 minutes thus confirming Brady is the 2 minute king and without this TD the Pats would have lost. Point of Fact. Also looking at his stats:

Passes 27/51 Yards 280 TD 2 Int 3

Good going for a so called bad game. Simple fact the Pats would have lost without Brady last night. We had to depend on our passing game hence the 51 throws and 3 ints. When you throw that much against a good D Ints will come. So based on the Fact the Pats would have lost without number 12 YES the Man is a Legend. Not his best game but Legend He gets the job done end of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Hate the Patriots, dislike the Bears and the Colts. So, lets go Saints! (By default, don't really like the Saints either.)

Didn't see the game, saw bits and pieces of the Bears - Seahawks game. It looks like it's going to be an AFC Superbowl winner again.

As a Patriots fan for the last 15 years and remember Brady's first year in 2001 and Superbowl win that year and also the wins in 2003,2004 Last nights performance was excellent from Brady. Ok he threw interceptions but as a Pats fan we are used to Brady throwing ints in the playoffs and the pats still go on to win the game. Brady saved the game for the Pats before half time with a a 70 yard drive in leass than 2 minutes thus confirming Brady is the 2 minute king and without this TD the Pats would have lost. Point of Fact. Also looking at his stats:

Passes 27/51 Yards 280 TD 2 Int 3

Good going for a so called bad game. Simple fact the Pats would have lost without Brady last night. We had to depend on our passing game hence the 51 throws and 3 ints. When you throw that much against a good D Ints will come. So based on the Fact the Pats would have lost without number 12 YES the Man is a Legend. Not his best game but Legend He gets the job done end of story.
    i'm not arguing that he's not good, he's still my benchmark for all QBs in the league, his past acheivemnts are Legendary and i've no dount hes not finished, but i'm just talking about his performance last night, i think it takes away from his previous outstanding acheivments to call that performance legendary we've all seen better, he was very good but not the Legendary brady of the last 3/4 years. i just felt it disingenious to call it a legendary performance.

I never said he performance was legendary, i said he is a legend. You cant argue that. His performance last night stats wise(from a intercption point of view) might not of been excellent, but i dont think any QB in the league would of been able to win the match for the Pats last night.

He had no running game to back him up and was forced to pass it all the time pretty much. He was up against DB's who were excellent and gave very little away during the whole game.

I thought it was an excellent performance by him.

I never said he performance was legendary, i said he is a legend. You cant argue that. His performance last night stats wise(from a intercption point of view) might not of been excellent, but i dont think any QB in the league would of been able to win the match for the Pats last night.

He had no running game to back him up and was forced to pass it all the time pretty much. He was up against DB's who were excellent and gave very little away during the whole game.

I thought it was an excellent performance by him.

Totally agreed Chucky. Brady threw 51 passes 21 more than the 30 average thrown by any other QB usually because a running game exists. Without Brady last night the Pats were doomed. The man is and always be a legend and his performance was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Disappointed for LT. The Chargers kept finding new ways to give NE better field position than they could have got on their own. Discipline was worse than the Giants. After watching Indy in the last 2 games, this might just be their year (less expectation after their crappy end of season run maybe?). Indy got more yards on the ground against the Ravens than NE did against SD which suggests that they are better balanced. Should be a very good game.

Go Saints-the most watchable and likeable team left IMHO!

Redsoxfan wrote:
    Disappointed for LT. The Chargers kept finding new ways to give NE better field position than they could have got on their own. Discipline was worse than the Giants. After watching Indy in the last 2 games, this might just be their year (less expectation after their crappy end of season run maybe?). Indy got more yards on the ground against the Ravens than NE did against SD which suggests that they are better balanced. Should be a very good game.

Go Saints-the most watchable and likeable team left IMHO!

Disagreed The Colts have a poor run stopping game and it was a bad Ravens Offence that killed the Ravens. The patriots can stop the run which will force Peyton Manning to the air. Both Maroney and Dillion you would expect to run up at 150 yards between them this weekend. But Indy only got 99 yards on the ground against the Ravens who are top 3 Run stopping team. The fact that game was won on field goals it was defensive battle. The Ravens failed on offence.

I will be delighted if the Colts play like that against Pats on Sunday Manning 15/30 170 no TDs and 2 Int and only 99 yards on the ground on no TD's. Pats against San Diego Brady 27/51 280 2TDs 3 Int 51 on the ground.Don't know how you maintain Colts are more well balanced Pats have 60 odd yards more on offence against a tougher D. San Diego are statiscally the best run stopping team in the NFL during regular season. Pats are 8th and Indy 16th. comparing the previous two games anyway are a waste as the Championship game is going to be won on the day by the team that steps up and grabs the bull by the horns. GO PATS!!!!

• Advertisement

Bellichick coaching will be huge aswell. The coaching from the Ravens and the Chiefs was shcoking, probaly worse then Schottinheimher.

The Colts wont get an easy ride from Bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I'm over the moon, I had some money on them, I think I might go nuts and blow my savings and go to the Superbowl if they beat the Colt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

Brady and Bellichick are both legends. San Diego slipped up and allowed the Patriots to get the job done. Brady was instrumental in that win last night so what he had a couple of ints against one of the best pass rushing d-line and linebackers. Brady barely had the 4 seconds allowed in the pocket with the likes of Merrimen breathing down his kneck. So Brady is still legend. The End

Agreed, the direct snap on the two point conversion was genius he always thinks outside the box, like that intentional safty a few years ago against the broncos.

Brady is a legend in the making. He didnt have his best game but when it mattered at the end he got it done.

I think were seeing one of the all time great teams at the moment. The pats never fail to amaze me with the way they consistantly get out of tight situations.

Advertisement