Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balbriggan Library Official Opening This Sat

• 15-01-2007 3:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭

Pretty much as it says on the tin, folks.

The official opening will be this Saturday and we'll have some events on for the kids that day too.

We'll have "storytime" for 5-9 year olds starting at 11am. There's no limit to the number of children that can come but we do ask that you book your child in - just to give us some idea of numbers. (Phone the Junior Desk on 8704403)

We should also have face-painting and maybe one or two other treats that day.

If you haven't had a chance to get down and see the library since it's been re-done then this Saturday, 20th, is the perfect opportunity. :)

Hope to see you all there.

Steph

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MAYPOP

Cool, will definitely pop down as soon as I get a chance:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Looks like all hands on deck last night as I walked past it, good to see so many people, presumably all from the community, helping out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Yeah it's been all go for the past few days to get things looking lovely for tomorrow. Quite looking forward to it now.

Dermot Ahern will be doing the official opening.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Is it true that the Carnagie is no longer the library? I havent been to the square in a little while other than driving past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Morph&#233 wrote: »
    Is it true that the Carnagie is no longer the library? I havent been to the square in a little while other than driving past.

Nope, the old Carnegie building is still being used, it's just been expanded upon.

The finished product is four times the size of the old library and where the old adult section was (ie. the downstairs of the library) is now part of the junior section.

Unfortunately the window seat in the old junior section upstairs is no longer public :(

It's still a fantastic facility though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement