Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condition of the Road at Lesson St Bridge

Options
  • 15-01-2007 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,629 ✭✭✭

On the way into city center coming up Lesson St bridge the cycle path use to be in a bad way with little holes where it was like the cycle path has caved in a bit.

They the other week someone came along and filled in the holes with some tarmac but never even tried to smooth it out and it is worse than ever before.

It has gone for holes in the ground to rolling over hills.

Has anyone else noticed this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mucco

Yeah, I always cycle in the middle of the road at that point.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Yeah, I have to cycle over that crap every day. It feels like going over cobblestones in a shopping trolley.

Being charitable, I suppose the tarmac might be a temporary solution until they properly resurface it. Then again, it might just be a half-arsed pile of cax that's destined to cause an accident.
    Trampas wrote:
    On the way into city center coming up Lesson St bridge the cycle path use to be in a bad way with little holes where it was like the cycle path has caved in a bit.

They the other week someone came along and filled in the holes with some tarmac but never even tried to smooth it out and it is worse than ever before.

It has gone for holes in the ground to rolling over hills.

Has anyone else noticed this

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Garth Farley

I noticed that shoddy patch job by the council too. I doubt they plan to resurface it any time soon either, as then, why bother with a patch?

There's a 12inch wide line of smooth concrete beside the footpath on the road in front of the bus-shelter there, which you can avoid the worst of the bumps with, but only if there's not people waiting for a bus.

Surface like that is just asking from trouble though.
    -GF

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Has anyone asked DCC to fix it properly or run a roller over it?
    I'm a northsider so don't know the location or relevant depot.

Is there an e-mail address you can use to tell them about it? If so, I'll do it.
    daymobrew wrote:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Is there an e-mail address you can use to tell them about it? If so, I'll do it.
    The main Road Maintenance number is 222-2552, with email roadmaintenance@dublincity.ie
    The DCC website lists Road Maintenance contact info with the following note:
    Requests for immediate repairs should be referred to the Road Maintenance Superintendent for the Area ; South Side, Marrowbone Lane Depot, Telephone 454 3736

Just called them. They said they'll check it out immediately...
    daymobrew wrote:
    The DCC website lists Road Maintenance contact info with the following note: .

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The 2 euro coin in the puddle is mine!!! Mine I tell yis!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

daymobrew wrote:
    It'll take more than a roller. It's been in a bad state for a couple of years now.

True, but it deteriorated rapidly a week or two ago after some "repairs".
    cast_iron wrote:
    It'll take more than a roller. It's been in a bad state for a couple of years now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement