Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does Vodafone allow roaming in USA on PAYG?

• 15-01-2007 10:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've a friend going to Boston this week and she's on Vodafone PAYG. Does Vodafone allow roaming in the US if you're on PAYG? Their website doesn't list it but I don't know how up-to-date that page is. (She has a triband phone).

TIA!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭slovessmg

I'm in Vancouver and I can recieve texts and go onto Vodafone Live/GPRS but I can't send texts or make or recieve calls. I'd guess it's the same in Boston.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I don't think the ready to go have roaming agreements with any US networks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Not like it helps, but O2 RTG roaming in the US is 59 cents per minute, billed by the second. Vodafone might have an agreement in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 invadernim

Vodafone RTG currently doesn't work in North America but will in South America... it varies from state to state in North America whether you will be able to recieve or send texts but calls will not work any where over there

See:
    http://www.vodafone.ie/roaming/international/vfworld/index.jsp?zone=prepaid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

byrnefm wrote:
    Hi,

I've a friend going to Boston this week and she's on Vodafone PAYG. Does Vodafone allow roaming in the US if you're on PAYG? Their website doesn't list it but I don't know how up-to-date that page is. (She has a triband phone).

TIA!
    Tell her to call to Warlox Wireless in the Prudential Centre (cant exactly miss it :D )
    Look for Evan and he will sort her out with a prepay sim card
    http://www.iunlock.com/contactus.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

She could pick up a T-Mobile or Cingular Wireless sim card and use that if she really needed to, probably not worth it for the time though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Thanks for all the replies! She's only over for a few days, so she left her phone at home. It was mostly just to receive and send texts.

Advertisement