Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is your Mortgage Repayment (2007)

Options
  • 15-01-2007 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭

How much is your Mortgage Repayment (€/month)

How much is your Mortgage Repayment? (€/month) 279 votes

Under €100 per month
    0% 0 votes
    €100-249
    0% 1 vote
    €250-499
    1% 3 votes
    €500-699
    4% 12 votes
    €700-899
    7% 21 votes
    €900-999
    11% 32 votes
    €1,000-1,249
    9% 27 votes
    €1,250-1,499
    20% 58 votes
    €1,500-1,999
    19% 55 votes
    €2,000-2,499
    14% 40 votes
    over €2,500
    3% 10 votes
    Mortgage paid off
    4% 13 votes
    No mortgage
    2% 7 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

850 odd. I bought 6 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭bugs90

Why is nearly everyone paying less than me:(

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭cruibin

445, bought 8 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

816 fixed for a year. I borrowed 176k in 05.
    However i also borrowed for the 10% deposit so repayments of that included brings it up to over a grand. However its not a mortgage and that one will be paid in 3 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Something different and to compare to. :) Mine converted from US dollars (750) is ~570 eurons. I bought December '05, its locked so payment won't change.

• Advertisement

How much is the mortgage Ruu? And where in the US are you? Houses are generally cheaper there unless you are in California.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

its depressing to see I have moved up two categories since I took out my mortgage!!

although it is great to see AIB competing with NIB, that will help a little.

why have 3 people moseyed in and voted for no mortgage?

Might as well ask why the option is there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Saruman wrote:
    How much is the mortgage Ruu? And where in the US are you? Houses are generally cheaper there unless you are in California.

Oh definitely, alot cheaper in this part of the country. I'm in central Illinois (fair bit of the land is farming), the mortage is $83,000.

• Advertisement

Saruman wrote:
    Might as well ask why the option is there :D

to give the fools who feel left out a radio button to push?? :p

daveym wrote:
    to give the fools who feel left out a radio button to push?? :p

Then thats the answer to your last question :D

Saruman wrote:
    Then thats the answer to your last question :D

Touché!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

503... moved in a year ago this week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

hi, am new to this form and interest in mortgages. i'm renting at the moment but seriously considering getting a mortgage. just wondering, are the amounts people are giving between themselves and their partners, ie the full mortgage on the house? unfortunately i'm a bit clueless on the topic

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Mitzy

Mine is about €1,300 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

just over 1,400 per month and haven't even moved in yet.

€220 a month, seven years to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭kitty_kilkenny

should be 900 pm, but I'm accelerating it by paying 1,200 pm. I'm going to try and pay off the mortgage early - and give the bank less of my money in interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

But manage you tax with it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It's interesting to see that for even the smallest shoebox out in the back end of somewhere like Balbriggan will cost first-time buyers, or want-to-be buyers like myself to be near the top end of this mortgage scale. An example of how terrifying it is for us now.

I'd speculate that it'd have to be in the depressing €1600 a month for 30 years at the current house prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

€650pm and only 26 years to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Tonic07

33 years left at 1650pm till the next rate hike that is. Depressing stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

1250ish!!
    moving in next month, mortgage is managable even if another hike in rates happens, after that im not sure!!
    as posted above hopefully once im settled and if rates go down i'll accelerate payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

mine is 1500€ with 22 years to go¬

• Registered Users Posts: 21 infinitejest

I was on a one year fixed of (wait for it...) 3.25 and have just been bumped up to 5.2 variable. Was €744 per month and now will be around €950

The horror! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

€1650 after interest relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭c07

approx 800 and 31yrs to go...
    will be changing mortgage shortly (selling house and building new one) - hopefully not having to borrow any more and accelerate payments to reduce term.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 esmeralda

hi, am new to this form and interest in mortgages. i'm renting at the moment but seriously considering getting a mortgage. just wondering, are the amounts people are giving between themselves and their partners, ie the full mortgage on the house? unfortunately i'm a bit clueless on the topic
    I'm also interested in knowing whether people are talking about paying on their own or sharing the cost with a partner - makes a heck of a difference! Also, instead of asking how much mortgage people are paying, I'd also like to see a poll on how much money people (individuals) have left to live on (net) after paying their mortgage, and then I would like to see posts explaining how they do it! (I need a few hints!!!....)

Just one last thing, when people say that interest rates need to go up to stablize house prices, it may do just that but the COST of buying a house continues to rise as interest rates do, unless you happen to have the money sitting in the bank... Can anyone with a better knowledge of economics (note my self-confessed total ignorance on the matter) explain that one to me? Suppose its something to do with macroeconmy taking precedence over microeconomy, but when the microeconomy in question is mine, I take exception!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭sheepshagger

Agree if people are able to split their mortgage repayment 50/50 it makes athings a lot easier.

Am a Single FTB - EUR 920 a month. . but thats before the Interest Relief and luckily my employer gives me a mortgage subsidy. . .so only marginally more than I was paying in rent after those two are taken into account.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement