Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is your Mortgage Repayment (2007)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

410 20 years left.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭grahamo

stay at home wife, 4 kids. Mortgage is 1067 euro/month. Celtic tiger my arse. I'm worse off than I was 10 years ago!:mad:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

€920 after mortgage relief, have 22 years to go but am considering re-mortgaging and uping the amount i pay each month by €400 to try and pay it off earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

Mine was about €500 and had nine years left to run until a couple of months ago when I was in the happy position of being able to pay it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Citizen Jake

Just about to go with a 1,624 pm mortgage with GF over 35 years., that's before relief. How much would mortgage interest relief be (rule of thumb) :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

About €925 now, 25 years left. Goes up almost exactly €25 with every 0.25% rate hike. I'll have to find myself a woman who wouldn't mind paying half of it. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Saruman wrote:
    Then thats the answer to your last question :D

Maybe daddy / rich uncle gave them a house?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

Just about to go with a 1,624 pm mortgage with GF over 35 years., that's before relief. How much would mortgage interest relief be (rule of thumb) :confused:

On a mortgage repayment that size I'm guessing you can avail of the full relief - so you should get €100 off that per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mini Maple

Originally Posted by Citizen Jake
    Just about to go with a 1,624 pm mortgage with GF over 35 years., that's before relief. How much would mortgage interest relief be (rule of thumb)

well mine is 3190 pm and we get 291 euro pm. i hope this helps you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

CitizinJake, my reply above was misleading. I was basing my figures on a non-first-time-buyer. The max available for a first time buyer (a couple) is €16,000. 20% of that is €3200 which works out at around €266 per month. It depends on how much interest you are paying per annum. Check the revenue website for more details

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 amity island

yes indeed, the mortgage is fairly crippling us >2.5k pm

luckily ecb held back this week and it's nice to read from some quarters that present rates have peaked, and that a slow fall will ensue

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

luckily ecb held back this week and it's nice to read from some quarters that present rates have peaked, and that a slow fall will ensue

not to put the shits up you or anything but the ECB have indicated that they will be returning to raising rates onces the current markets settle which may only take a month or two

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Just signed up for a 150K USD mortgage. 0% down, 6.15% fixed 30 year. Gotta love foreclosures/bank owned properties.

Home was appraised at 195-205K USD in its current state. Hopefully will be more when we raise the "finished" sq footage with the basement (Cinema room, hehe), finish the 2nd bathroom and redo the kitchen. The rate was 5.85% (subsidised by state scheme) but smart one here decided to inform the mortgage lender of the new job, thus pushing us out of the subsidised interest pay bracket :(. Got a call from the mortgage lender yesterday saying the new rate was 6.25%, I said call back when you can do better. They called back today with 6.15%. Splitting hairs I guess but you gotta ask these things!

Payment is $1215 a month which right now is about 820e.

Its a PITI (Principal, Insurance, Tax and Interest) payment, so all of that is rolled in. Over here you pay annual taxes based on the city's estimated value of your home. Its about 1800USD per year for this home. The actual mortgage payment (Ie no insurance or tax) is about (scratches head) $1000PM. We're waiting the final paperwork so ill edit when I have a more concrete figure.

Won't be long before properties like this appear in the homeland IMO.

I didnt vote as it will skew the results a little!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

While browsing files on my pc I came across an old accounts sheet i had done,with outgoings and incomings from 04 and 05.Sickenly,I see that my total outgoings then were less than my mortgage payment now.I remortgaged at the end of 05' for €2000K, costing now,with the recent increases €1330 per month.Before that I was paying €768 for a €120K mortgage. Total outgoings,not including household bills,was €1250 ish per month.I didn't realise how good I had it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Cobsel

Check out the following link...

http://www.quote-engine.com/mortgage-payments-calculator.html

Gives you an idea of how much you can affect overall interest payment by bumping up repayments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

1800..35 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Kangaroopoo

We've just bought a new house in Castleknock which was reduced considerably, its maybe a little bigger than the average family home but nothing fancy by any means. And our mortgage will be about 3,700K but will be on interest only for the first two years so 2,200. Thought make me sick but we need to move to a bigger house, its roughly a third of our wages if we were to pay fuill 3,700K so we're banking on our wages going up over the years so it won't be so tight. Or we could lose our jobs who knows!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

We've just bought a new house in Castleknock which was reduced considerably, its maybe a little bigger than the average family home but nothing fancy by any means. And our mortgage will be about 3,700K but will be on interest only for the first two years so 2,200. Thought make me sick but we need to move to a bigger house, its roughly a third of our wages if we were to pay fuill 3,700K so we're banking on our wages going up over the years so it won't be so tight. Or we could lose our jobs who knows!!

You are doing well to be able to afford that. Happy home owning.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

New poll coming soon for 2008.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement