Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any suggestion on this car?

Options
  • 15-01-2007 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi Everyone,

I was looking for buying a cheap used car. A colleague of mine is selling his FIAT Punto 2001 which has 27K miles on it. he is asking for 2000 euros for the car. do you guys think that's a good deal?or is it too cheap?should i get checked by a mechanic before i make up my mind? any help will be much appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭keltoms

i wouldnt get a punto, everyone i know who has got one has had serious trouble with them! stay clear!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Get a mechanic to look over it. Even with such a low mileage, it should still have had servicing about every 12 months, so check when he had it serviced last.

Sounds like an OK deal to me. What's the spec (S, SX, ELX, Sporting)?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 emon

Thank you for your comments!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

€2k for a 2001 Punto is well below the general going rate. I suppose it depends how well you know this friend and would he/she sell you a lemon.

Get the car checked out by a good mechanic. If he gives it the thumps up then you could have a bargin. If the car needs a good deal of work done then you could be potentially be buying a money pit.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

What bazz said. Could be a bargain!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭ianbrennan2000

had a 2001 punto sporting from new
    has few minor probs with it
    clutch, leak in passenger door side, handbrake cable
    but at 2000quid it sounds good
    head gaskets tend to go around 50000miles also

Advertisement