Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable Housing (South Dublin)

Options
  • 15-01-2007 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭

Has anybody applied to the South Dublin County Council housing scheme ? I applied in July and have only recieved my confirmation letter. When did you apply, have you heard anything back or got a place ?

I can't understand why they cannot just tell approved applicants that they are number X on a list of Y. At least you would have some idea of where you stand. Would save a lot of people a lot of stress :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭warrenaldo

ye i know what you mean. its a bit of a pain alright.

However i have been on the list since feb 06. so nearly a year on it now.

they told me initially the wait would be 7 - 11 months. but they keep pushing back.

I applied for both areas(north and south of naas road). And in late november i was on the reserve list for a place in rath geal(clondalkin)

Since then i have decided to change my preference to tallaght only. And am waiting again.

When i ring they tell me it should be soon as im near top of list.

So hopefully inthe next couple of months.

Was very unhappy how they handled the Affordable Housing Initative - dunno why they just didnt give the properties to people on the LIST who have been waiting for a place for months already. Rather than let anybody apply and jump in ahead of people. Seemed totally unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Elphaba

I got approved in August 06 and they said the waiting list was 10-12 months but after reading some of the threads in here I'm startin got think it'll be longer than that. I thought the draw was totally unfair too. People getting to skip the queue just cos they earn more than others:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

I'm on the list in South Dublin for 10 months now. Was put on the reserve list for Rath Gael also, got a call yesterday from Property Path in response to an email I sent them saying that Rath Gael sold out and I just have to wait for the next development. They gave no indication of where I am on the list, which I think is stupid, what's the big deal in letting applicants know where they are on the list?? What have they to hide?? :confused:

It was really unfair to have the draw, if they offered the units to people on the list it would have cleared an awful lot off the list.

Apparently affordable housing in Adamstown Castle will be coming on stream early 2007 but there's nothing on propertypath.ie about it yet but that's not to say it's happening soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭warrenaldo

stephen p wrote:
    I'm on the list in South Dublin for 10 months now. Was put on the reserve list for Rath Gael also, got a call yesterday from Property Path in response to an email I sent them saying that Rath Gael sold out and I just have to wait for the next development. They gave no indication of where I am on the list, which I think is stupid, what's the big deal in letting applicants know where they are on the list?? What have they to hide?? :confused:

It was really unfair to have the draw, if they offered the units to people on the list it would have cleared an awful lot off the list.

Apparently affordable housing in Adamstown Castle will be coming on stream early 2007 but there's nothing on propertypath.ie about it yet but that's not to say it's happening soon.

They told me that the next development is in Belgard - and its on propertypath. They said they dunno when its coming in but expecting it soon.
    ye if they just printed the list - or gave rough ideas to people it would help out a lot.

The draw was a shambles. I know a couple of people who got places - they were not on the list and not even considering moving out. They only reason they applied was because they thougt it was great opportunity.

Ive been on the list a year and lots people in same situation - dying to move out. But they didnt even consider it. No preferences for that or nothing. A disgreace if you ask me. very annoyed bout that at the time.

warrenaldo wrote:
    They told me that the next development is in Belgard - and its on propertypath. They said they dunno when its coming in but expecting it soon.
    ye if they just printed the list - or gave rough ideas to people it would help out a lot.

The draw was a shambles. I know a couple of people who got places - they were not on the list and not even considering moving out. They only reason they applied was because they thougt it was great opportunity.

Ive been on the list a year and lots people in same situation - dying to move out. But they didnt even consider it. No preferences for that or nothing. A disgreace if you ask me. very annoyed bout that at the time.

I was going to do that separate draw but my girlfriend is only in her job 4 months and therefore wouldn't qualify for a mortgage through a bank.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Marygold

We are more than 9 months on the waiting list there... Unfortunately didn't get picked last lottery. But got a call on 3rd of Jan telling that we are on the reserve list for Belfry and our names passed to the EA.We are still waiting to hear from the agency regarding a viewing... But it seems desperately

Anyone know anything about the Thornfield Square developement in Clondalkin? Apparently, some Affordable Housing units are being sold soon. Thornfield Square is there about 3 years and by the look of things all the apartments are occupied. I drove out to it last night and couldn't see one empty unit.

Advertisement