Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Php Ide

Options
  • 15-01-2007 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Im new to PHP, and i was wondering if someone could suggest a good IDE to start with?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If you wanna use HTML/PHP/MYSQL on your PC have a look at WAMP. It installs it all for you and lets you test your scripts without having to upload to the web.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

If you already have Eclipse, PHPclipse might be worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

the zend ide is not bad, used it for a while, but it was only a 30day trial

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I meant to reply to this sooner but I didn't get a chance to until now. I haven't worked with PHP properly in months but when I did, I liked these editors:
    • PHP Designer 2007 I have the 2006 version of this and I found it to be straightforward and easy to use. I liked the way that the PHP help was integrated so all I had to do was highlight a function and hit F1 to get the help for it.
    • Maguma Studio The free version of this has a popup at program startup but no other restrictions as far as I remember.
    • UltraEdit This one isn't free or specifically for PHP but it's the editor I use the most outside of Visual Studio for what it's worth.

I would recommend downloading the first two editors and trying them out as you've nothing to lose!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

ciaranfo wrote:
    If you wanna use HTML/PHP/MYSQL on your PC have a look at WAMP. It installs it all for you and lets you test your scripts without having to upload to the web.
    Couldn't the PHP scripts be loaded onto a local installation of Apache for development and testing?

• Advertisement
Advertisement