Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heroes

• 15-01-2007 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

The premier of this was on tonight. Wasn't sure what to expect. Double episode to start off with. Fairly good. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

For those of you that watch it through other means, is it worth my while keeping up with series. Missed the whole Lost craze. Need something to for the Monday nights.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

What channel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

yeah it is... it's a great show imo... I liked LOST a lot and I think this is much better! Had my whole house hooked for a couple of days whilst we all watched the first 11 episodes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

its a alright show but its over rated.
    Its nothing compared to BSG dexter and prison break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

User45701 wrote:
    its a alright show but its over rated.
    Its nothing compared to BSG dexter and prison break

its better than prison break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

seabee wrote:
    What channel?
    TV3 (New Zealand)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

its a million times better than the cliche fest that is Prison Break! Dexter is good though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

tvnutz wrote:
    its better than prison break.
    woooo232 wrote:
    its a million times better than the cliche fest that is Prison Break! Dexter is good though

Ok ok i will admit it
    prison break is not better than heroes.

But to me they are pretty much the same you see heroes is good so is prison break but i don't like the whole concept of super heroes i mean i think i liked gigantor and maybe power rangers when i was a kid but i didn't go much beyond that.

i didn't find batman, x-men, superman or any of that type of superhero stuff interesting. even as a kid i knew that it was not good tv. Thats why i don't find heroes as fun as you all do. Dont get me wrong i would kill a person to gain those sorts of powers but the chances of me getting powers like that are so small it can actually be depressing watching it because i lack there powers.
    The show is more of a tease showing you great things you can not posses

The show itself is good some good acting and interesting powers i have found large parts of it predictable tho...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The Sci-fi Channel are going to start showing it next month, they are already screening promos for it.

Personally I love the show and can't wait for it to come back.

It's great how every episode ends in a cliff hanger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

one of the best shows i have seen in a while

stick with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I've missed it tbh. It's back on U.S telly next week isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

yep - 22nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

w00t! I can't wait for it! Spoiler:
    So what do we reckon is up with Peter looking so sick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

Channel 6 are starting to show it in March also from the beginning:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHHBaPLMtJM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Well, I'm already going to miss the next one on Monday night because of some volunteer work I said I would do for the week. Not happy.
    Better not miss too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Got this (upto episode 11) from a friend at the weekend.

Wasn't all that impressed with the first episode but everyone I spoke to said that was their reaction as well, so I watched a few more the next night - and it's great stuff I have to say.

Highly recommend everyone give this one a try, and to persevere past the lackluster pilot at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Goodshape wrote:
    Highly recommend everyone give this one a try, and to persevere past the lackluster pilot at least.
    Yep.. was hugely disappointed by the pilot.

But the show has turned into a right cracker!

PS - new episode tonight!

WOOT! \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Goodshape wrote:
    Got this (upto episode 11) from a friend at the weekend.

Wasn't all that impressed with the first episode but everyone I spoke to said that was their reaction as well, so I watched a few more the next night - and it's great stuff I have to say.

Ye the pilot was terrible! It was only on a whim that I decided to get the 2nd episode and I am glad I did. From there on it has been brilliant.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just finished watching the 11th episode and I can honestly say this show is amazing, its only odd that SkyOne didn't pick it up and allowed it to fall to SciFi instead, smaller viewer figures inevitable there, no?
    But it is quite something, each ep ending with a nice cliff hanger, nice.
    And it is the 1st truely colour blind show on Tv, no mention of race colour or creed there at all, which is great to see too, given how nasty the 1st 2 eps of 24 were, I can see why muslims are upset with it, if it were Irtish being portrayed that way we'd be outraged, yet Heroes views men and women as just that, and it is refreshing, perhaps the 1st true 21st century Tv show?

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    its only odd that SkyOne didn't pick it up and allowed it to fall to SciFi instead, smaller viewer figures inevitable there, no?

true but i am glad Sky One didnt get it. after Sci Fi BBC 2 will be showing it. much bigger audience reach than what Sky One would have

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    But it is quite something, each ep ending with a nice cliff hanger, nice.
    And it is the 1st truely colour blind show on Tv, no mention of race colour or creed there at all,
    This actually struck me too... It's also amazing how rare it seems to see an inter-racial couple on US TV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

my GOD this show is deadly!
    hadnt even heard of dexter, must check it out..
    just on ep 6 of heroes, started watching tonight.. doenst look like im gettin much sleep tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The Sci-fi Channel are going to start showing it next month, they are already screening promos for it.

Personally I love the show and can't wait for it to come back.

It's great how every episode ends in a cliff hanger.
    Starting Monday 19th at 10pm with the first two episodes, one episode every Monday after that. Looks like regular repeats are on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 9pm, and Sundays at 10pm - but this could be wrong as there are a couple of repeats during the week due to the double episode premier.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭WadeTalon

ive seen up to episode 11 have episode 12 at home gonna watch it tonight apparently it changes a bit from here on in

Heroes has it's own discussion forum now.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=890

Should make life easier...

Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,710 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Halfway through episode 2 to on sci-fi. Nothing I haven't seen before on xmen or the 4400.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Yes, it's beginning to drag a lot now. Used to be on the must watch list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭Clarehobo

Have to say I love this series:
    In my opinion it's better than Lost or Prison break - give it a while though because it could turn into another Lost where they just aimlessly drag it out;-)

Been watching it up as far as ep 16 on youtube & it's shaping up nicely.

Brilliant concept, especially with Peter.
    I love the fact that they are just normal people & have one power each - what's keeping me watching now is if they explain what triggered the powers in them: that'd be interesting viewing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 chazza_2007ie

omg just finished watching the last of all the 18 episodes, n omg heroes is deadly.
    it aint starting up again till the 24th of april in america so anyone that has downloaded it, we will have to wait to see whats going to happen lol seems so long to wait. oh well hope everyone thats watchin it now is enjoyin it n dont miss a week ul get lost.

it will actually be back April 23rd (possibly 22nd in Canada) so you will be waiting at least 1 day less

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭ScruffySlayer

ten episodes into this myself and am blown away by the depth of the writing and the imagination on display each episode. Yes, it's riffing off comics alot but it's coming together so well and is brilliantly plotted. The only show that's challenging Veronica Mars on sheer must watchness for me!

Advertisement