Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.eu domains

Options
  • 15-01-2007 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know if a .eu domain get the same benefits with google.ie and google.co.uk that a .ie or a .co.uk would?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

I only read up on this stuff every few weeks or so, but as far as I know the jury is still out.

Since Google aren't going to tell you directly how they treat the various endings, it is very much a matter a deduction based on performances of .eu websites in the various search engines.

I can't give any info on this as pretty much all the .eu's I've been involved in registering are redirecting to primary .ie or .com sites. I think you will find this is the case for most.

The fact that there isn't any google.eu site may indicate that Google has as low an opinon of the .eu namespace as the rest of us! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I've several .eu domains for which I do not have the .com or .ie equivalents.

I wasn't sure what would happen with them, but after treating them the same way as I would any other site they're ranking quite well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Hi,

Does anyone know if a .eu domain get the same benefits with google.ie and google.co.uk that a .ie or a .co.uk would?
    Not unless the .eu is on Irish IP space and even then it is doubtful. Google's .eu index is probably link dependent and the .eu is a wasteground for websites at the moment. Most of the websites there are cybersquatter and domain warehouser operations. [1] That's based on a 75% check of all registered .eu domains.

Regards...jmcc
    [1] For sale: .eu - one slightly used ccTLD list. :)

Advertisement