Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Moylough

Options
  • 15-01-2007 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Just checked my number and it looks like a pass, only just checked it last week and it failed...
    So fingers crossed off to BT I go and with a bit of luck..:)
    Let ye know later

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

Hotwheels wrote:
    Just checked my number and it looks like a pass, only just checked it last week and it failed...
    So fingers crossed off to BT I go and with a bit of luck..:)
    Let ye know later

If you are with BT already think long and hard about using them for Broadband. The product itself is sound but their billing department is BRUTAL. They have charged me for what i was getting previously (phone service and their 180 hours a month dialup product) AND their combined €45 a month phone and broadband service.
    They repeatly failed to get it right and have overcharged me twice so far!! They also refuse to refund the overcharging cos as their rep put it "we dont refund ...we only give a credit towards the next bill" TOTAL BULL!!
    I am totally p*ssed off with them!!
    The actual phone and BB service is good and reliable but the Billing system is total BS
    *rant off*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Registered letter, small claims court.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

cgarvey wrote:
    Registered letter, small claims court.
    Checked with the district court and small claims "Dont do debt collections" :mad: please PM me any info to the contary ...i am really pissed off with them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

hey hotwheels

im from moylough too
    So do we have broadband now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Altreab wrote:
    Checked with the district court and small claims "Dont do debt collections" :mad: please PM me any info to the contary ...i am really pissed off with them!!

District Court will likely cost a lot more than the amount you're trying to reclaim. It's not a debt, it's payment for a service you did not receive. They don't have the right to tell you they only do credits. If it was by direct debit, you could explain that you're cancelling the direct debit until they resolve the issue (but you may also get disconnected then!). However, until you get your complaint down in writing, and send it via registered post, it's probably not worth your while pursuing the matter (in Small Claims Court, or with ComReg *cough*). Either way, get professional advice (I'm no solicitor) before contemplating legal action, in case that isn't obvious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

I'm all too familiar with the billing issues, when I was in Galway city they sent me a bill for over €30K for broadband, see picture :D
    BT rang back to say the line was inactive (so eircon say), so I rang them on the same line to confirm it was active! So they are checking it again...

So I might know more next week...I'll update when I hear...:)
    if the bill picture does not show click here

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

Just got off da Telly Phone with BT and I should be up and running by Feb 7th Wooooo Hoooooo :D
    So any of ye folks in Moylough stick in your number into the checker and it might pass...mine came up amber but it passed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Revelation Joe

Sorry for this mild thread hijack but how come you can get BB in Moylough and in Mountbellew but I can't get it in Ballygar? Especially as I actually live *on* the N63 (well, on the edge of it :D)

Advertisement