Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF7 won't save

Options
  • 15-01-2007 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Hey all,

I recently started trying to play FF7 again, I've never played a better game since it and always said I'd go back one day and try finish it properly beating all Ultimate, Ruby and Emerald Weapons and getting KOTR Materia and all that. I was playing away fine until I got to the first savepoint in the Midgar reactor and the fecking thing wouldn't save for me. I tried 3 different memory cards, I tried going to the next savepoint, I tried restarting, everything but it won't save. It's very strange 'cos all my other games will save. Only thing I think it might be is that I'm trying to save it on a PS2 8mb memory card. Is it compatible or do I need to root out an old PSX memory card?

Cheers,
    NT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Old card should work, this happens with some of the older games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Native Tongue

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll try the old card and let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You can't save PS1 games to a PS2 memory card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

yea.. same happened me.. I'd played it for about 8 hours and discovered the PS2 card wouldn't work. Ended up leaving it switched on for a whole weekend while I went home from college to get my PS1 card.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

yea.. same happened me.. I'd played it for about 8 hours and discovered the PS2 card wouldn't work. Ended up leaving it switched on for a whole weekend while I went home from college to get my PS1 card.

LMAO. :D Can't imagine a fan of any other series ever doing something like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

you played 8 hours without saving... jesus... :eek:

Advertisement