Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evening/distance History course

Options
  • 15-01-2007 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

I would love to do a history course. I work full time in Dublin and live in Wicklow. I'm looking for either a distance learning course or one that does not require more than 1/2 nights in college. Ideally I would like to have a good choice of modules. Anyone able to help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Your best bets, I would imagine are Oscail (www.oscail.ie), The Open University (www.open.ac.uk), both of which have history options. If you are talking degree level. I'm not sure what the situation with UCD's part-time degree is any more but it might be worth digging around www.ucd.ie

Nightcourses.com might be worth checking if you want to do more "casual" courses that might not nessecarily be degree related or at degree level.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I would also recommend looking at Oscail. I am doing 2 of their introductory modules( History and Sociology). The History is really enjoyable.As it is distance learning, you do most of the work at home and go to tutorials once a month(Saturdays). It's a very flexible course and well organised. It takes
    12 modules to get a degree but I'm not in a hurry!

Advertisement