Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WMC Avi/Divx/Xvid

• 15-01-2007 2:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is there a way to play AVi files on the WMC on the 360? Or is it not possible?

If this has been asked/answered before than im sorry and could you please direct me to the thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

ckeckout Transcode 360

http://runtime360.com/projects/

does the job for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Thanks, I heard there were some issues with that. As in the sound doesnt work properly. I have vista so i was thinking of tryin it later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Transcode does the job for me too, but if you have problems with it then try tversity. Not sure if it works with Media Center or just the generic xbox video player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Transcode does the job for me too, but if you have problems with it then try tversity. Not sure if it works with Media Center or just the generic xbox video player.
    Perhaps an obvious (stupid) question, but figured I'd check.

Does this work on plain Windows XP, or does it need the Media Center Edition?

Perhaps an obvious (stupid) question, but figured I'd check.

Does this work on plain Windows XP, or does it need the Media Center Edition?
    Well I use MCE so I haven't actually tried it, but AFAIK it works with XP and the normal xbox video player (with autumn update).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

WMP11 will do the same as MCE since the fall dashboard update.

ongarite wrote:
    WMP11 will do the same as MCE since the fall dashboard update.
    You mean you can use the xbox as a Media Center Extender without having a Media Center PC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

You mean you can use the xbox as a Media Center Extender without having a Media Center PC?
    It'll play Audio and Video (WMA, WMV, MP3) from Media Player 11 - this has Media Sharing as an option.

It doesn't appear to play other formats, or (of course) allow you to access TV as you would with Media Centre Edition + TV Tuner.

Unless anyone can add any more that you can do. Or if Tversity will add that functionality, too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

It'll play Audio and Video (WMA, WMV, MP3) from Media Player 11 - this has Media Sharing as an option.

It doesn't appear to play other formats, or (of course) allow you to access TV as you would with Media Centre Edition + TV Tuner.

Unless anyone can add any more that you can do. Or if Tversity will add that functionality, too?

I use tversity, it can play most formats. Media player 11 works on xp, but can only play wma,wmv,etc. Also I've had a few cases of media sharing (used by wm11 to share) has slowed my computer to a halt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Nexus wrote:
    Thanks, I heard there were some issues with that. As in the sound doesnt work properly. I have vista so i was thinking of tryin it later

I configured mine last night with TVersity, as Muchwarrior has suggested. There's a very user friendly guide at Tweaktown http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/1002/playing_divx_and_xvid_content_on_xbox_360_an_easy_guide/index.html

I'm a Vista user also, and I had it up and running in five minutes. The only thing is I now probaly have to think about getting a heftier processor.

• Advertisement
Advertisement