Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My router,Eircom, and NAS(Network Attached Storage)

Options
  • 15-01-2007 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

Netopia Model 2247NWG-VGx
    Recently saw in Lidl an external USB HD that was also NAS.
    As I've been thinking for a while of getting a USB ext HD this one peeked my interest. It wasn't cheap, I think about €210 for 250 or 350GB.

So my question, using my present router, could I ( or somebody clever!) connect this or simillar NAS to this Eircom router and access from PC and/or wilress laptop?

If yes I would like to use it with Arconis for backup and recovery, and other stuff.
    Very limited networking knowledge, but have a lot of time.

Not really keen enough to go and buy a more advanced router, but like the idea of adapting stuff that I already have.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭mastermind2005

should be quite easy, just go and buy it, if you have time it shouldnt be hard todo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

I'll refine the question.

Can devices attached to an Eircom Netopia Model 2247NWG-VGx see and exchange data with one another?
    should be quite easy, just go and buy it, if you have time it shouldnt be hard todo!

I want to avoid buying, and finding out it couldn't work

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Advertisement