Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost Planet

• 15-01-2007 3:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

Anyone play it yet? Demo looks pretty good...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Picked it up on Friday along with Dead Rising, but haven't got round to putting Dead Rising down yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's very good... although just seems to be missing a certain something that prevents it from being fantastic. It's possible that the camera isn't as good as it should be.... especially after playing Gears of War.

Only got it yesterday evening and have just had time to get through the first two missions but they are a lot of fun. The explosions are amazing in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

the worms - the blasted worms or getting me hacked off. I was battling away for 20 minutes - then they just disappeared!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

It looks a little generic to me. No rush to pick it up - so many other games to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Got it on Friday, and its an amazing looking game. The controls take a bit of getting used too. Played a bit online and its tough. Not very noob friendly. Enjoying it tho, apart for the controls the only other problem i have is the lameness of the other enemies that arent Akrid, ie snow pirates, theyre crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I played it online I thought it was very good,going to pick it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I played the demo and thought it was very poor. Then again I though Gears of War was rubbish too so I don't know maybe i'm gettin old.
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

ye your defo old, back to n64 mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I liked the demo but it is missing a certain something, not like GOW that I couldn't put down. Will probably get it and see tho'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Bought on friday,
    Traded on monday,
    that was the tale of solomon grundy.

Its crap, basically. And it crashed my xbox around 8 - 9 times in a few hours of playing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Yawn. More of the same old crap.

Multiplayer is mildly interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Hmmm, bit of a mixed bag there. Think I might leave it off for a few months till the price comes down a bit. Cheers lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Was also considering buying it but think i'll wait untill the price comes down too :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I'm enjoying it a lot actually.
    I've been fairly engrossed in Oblivion again for the last few weeks, but since I picked this up on Sat, I haven't touched Oblivion.
    The controls do take some getting used to, but the 90 degree turns with the left and right bumper once you get used to them are very handy!
    I just know I'm gonna be playing GTA or Just Cause and end up doing it automatically!:D
    The graphics are very good, and the online play is interesting too.
    Basically if you put effort into it, you'll get it back in heaps, if not, there's no real point.
    It's kinda weird in that it's deffinately more Japanese orientated than other third person shooters, but I'm really into the whole mech thing so that's good for me.
    It's no Gears, but then very little is.;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

im really enjoying this game but whats the story with mission 3? I fought this enormous impressive looking worm which took an eternity to kill then i walked away and about 30 seconds later another worm appeared and it eat me, I died and back to start.... how many of these worms is there and do you have to kill them all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

picked this up today and it will be going back tomorrow , it's just not doing anything for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Tom

Gonzo wrote:
    im really enjoying this game but whats the story with mission 3? I fought this enormous impressive looking worm which took an eternity to kill then i walked away and about 30 seconds later another worm appeared and it eat me, I died and back to start.... how many of these worms is there and do you have to kill them all?

You don't have to kill any of them. I made it past them to a building where the next part of the mission starts.

I'm enjoyng the game. It's not easy to get used to but the story moves along well.

tom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

Rented it from xtra vision today. Its alright. Won't be buying it though.

Advertisement