Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardest normal enemy ever?

Options
  • 15-01-2007 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

I've been replaying Final Fantasy VIII and I can't seem to beat the Malboro on the island closest to heaven. Even with leveled up characters it's quite a challenge.

Is this the hardest non boss enemy ever in a Final Fantasy game? Or did I miss someone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

The Great Malboros that you found in X and X-2 could really fuk your shit up if you didn't know how to deal with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

prufrock

the easiest way to deal with them is junction pain (100 preferably) to status defence... and whatever else that pain doesn't cover that bad breath does... that way, bad breath has no effect and you can go get yerself some marlboro tentacles and get yerself on the way to some doomtrain action :D

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

I can beat them all right but they are fairly tough. I can't think of a more annoying enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Yeah marlboro or those fire bomb things when you're at lower levels.

Its like hit... expand... hit... expand.... hit.... explode.... ****!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I find either Yojimbo or Odin work best. Get enough tentacles you need for Quistis's best weapon and then run away every other time you see them ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

all this talk about FF-VIII has got me in the mood for some FF action again... gonna go home and start up a new game of VIII

giggity :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

all this talk about FF-VIII has got me in the mood for some FF action again... gonna go home and start up a new game of VIII

giggity :)

haha nostalgia i just finished VIII again last nite after digging out the old ps1 memory card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

Malboro Menace from X. Betentacled puta.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭DaXiS

No way are marlboros hardest
    Yans from FFIX...nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Yea Yans are pretty bad.

I really hate fighting tonberrys because they take so long to kill. Then all they do is walk around building the tension up before they strike! Goddam tonberrys...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Yeah marlboros were tough. ruby dragon in VIII when you ere up in the high levels used do this non lemental attack that took 9999 of you. tonberys as well because they were a pain in the ass and you'd to kill 40 of them to get the tonbery king, i think it was in VIII. Speakking of pain in the asses the cactusses were always a pain in the ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Isn't it spelled Malboro?

Malboros are a piece of piss once you know how to cover your ass by junctioning the right stuff to stat-def. (Or the stat-def equivlent in games other than VIII).

Yans are probably the hardest enemy I've come across thus far. IX just never let you (or me, at least) get the kind of souped-up invincible characters you could cultivate in VIII and to a lesser extent VII.

So Yans be tough.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Greater Malboros are easy enough with summons.

In IX near the end there were normal enemies in the building you are in that are far tougher than anything else I fought.
    EDIT: What is the giant book thing in IX? I think they were good...?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Na the book thing was ok(was that a boss?). Ruby Dragon forgot about that. Tonberrys put me to sleep (in real life not in the game). It takes them 20 mins to walk up to you! Yans aren't that bad. Rather fight a Yan than a Malboro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Malboros go quick when your at a high level, tough to start with though :o

I always laugh though at Master Tornberrys, youd be kicking the sh1t outta him..then he strolls up and knifes ye :D :rolleyes: ...the same with the gargoyles in the North Crater on FF7
    I think they may have got my whole team into stone once or twice when i wasnt paying attention :p:p..but they also have some other 1 hit kill move i think, or else my cloud just had some allergy to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭COCK

great malboros in final fantasy X, imagine 30 sphere levels without saving and along comes tentacles and gets me with bad breath and im down after 3 rounds...i quit playing the game at that point (well...for half an hour anyway)

other than that the tyranasaurs in viii when youre just starting off...

COCK wrote:
    great malboros in final fantasy X, imagine 30 sphere levels without saving and along comes tentacles and gets me with bad breath and im down after 3 rounds...i quit playing the game at that point (well...for half an hour anyway)

other than that the tyranasaurs in viii when youre just starting off...

The ty in was easy just blind it.

30 sphere levels!!!!! how did you manage that, i would've stopped playing the game there and then if that happened to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Evangelion

there was some snake creature in IX, at loww levels. it kept cast strength on itself and had loads of health. if u didnt kill it before it attacked you were dead in one hit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

What about the Snake in the marsh beside the chocobo plains in Vii? He wasnt actually a boss, you didnt "have" to fight him!

He was probably harder than any of the monsters in any of the game because of the fact that you were weak at that stage of the game! Nonetheless I levelled up through them wolves and the biker things and beat him!

What about the Snake in the marsh beside the chocobo plains in Vii? He wasnt actually a boss, you didnt "have" to fight him!

He was probably harder than any of the monsters in any of the game because of the fact that you were weak at that stage of the game! Nonetheless I levelled up through them wolves and the biker things and beat him!

Remember him well, lasted about 30 seconds then he cast beta and knocked 2000+ off all my players. My max well below that. Took the chocobo next time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

what about all the enemies in FFI, wander off the correct path at the start, you get ****ed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭joeybloggs

Jeszzh ! that must of took a long time, leveling up on crappy little enemies. Yeh malboro's were fairly bad( probably because there was a lot of factors to consider with its Bad Breath).
    What about tricky bosses ( not including end guys) I would think the weapons in 7 and that Seifer guy in ten on the mountain took a bit too.

Advertisement