Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

soil types for Geothermal

Options
  • 15-01-2007 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

Hows things?

Currently building and have decided to go with the Geothermal heating with the horizontal ground pipes. When the foundations were dug out i noticed that in places appeared some small reams of really fine sand (Fox sand) here and there (2 places). The depth of the foundations ranged from 1 meter to 2 meters in places due to a slight slope on the site.
    The clay itself is unusally very fine and dry as well and i didnt see a single stone or rock dug up. At no stage has stoney sand or gravel appeared either.

My question is can i get the ground/soil tested in any way to see how suitable it is for the geothermal heating?
    I have plenty of room out the back as well so i can go with some extra pipe as well if required.

The rep for Heatlink was on site one of the days and said that the soil is ideal for the system..... Not that i dont trust him or anything but id like to do a bit more research.

Any advice/help appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement