Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to get fit diary.

Options
  • 15-01-2007 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭

This may be a bit late to post but better late than never: my husband and I are trying to get fit, not necessarily loose weight (my BMI is now up at 21 but I need the weight for something else). We have been going to the gym and swimming for about an hour 4 times in the past week and plan to do the same this week (did not go today as my husband has an earache).

I am just wondering if swimming is enough exercise to get fit and are we doing it for long enough - I also go for 30 minute fast walks 6 days a week.

We are going to Paris next week so will be walking a lot next week but I hope to be back to swimming the following week and for most of the week after but will not be able to exercise after that date for quite a while.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Sorry Cathy, I have only seen this now. Swimming is an excellent way to get fit so definitely keep that up. The one bit of advice I will give you is that having two of you going together is great once you both promise to push the other!

I take it after Paris your treatments will be starting again so best of luck and keep fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Thanks for the reassurance about the swimming - yes, my surgery is on the 9th, I have a PET scan on the 1st and have to get a date for an endoscopic ultrasound yet. I am determined to get my lungs into shape to be as fit as possible before hand.

Thanks for the good wishes :)

Advertisement