Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New shotgun license

Options
  • 15-01-2007 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I want to apply for a shotgun cert to shoot clays. Problem is, I live in Dublin and cannot get letters of permission.
    If I join Courtlough will this satisfy my local FAO. I know part of the firearm cert used to be a game license. However, I do not intend to shoot game.

Also, can anyone reccommend a gun dealer in Dublin. I want a dealer with a decent selection of o/u's. I was heavily involved in shooting in the '80s early '90s, but got rid of all my gear as I lived abroad for a few years. All the old shops are gone and the shooting scene has changed beyond recognition. Cheers,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Chopperdog

If I join Courtlough will this satisfy my local FAO. ,

The joining of Courtlough or of any other recognised shooting club may
    satisfy your local FAO.

He may request some further information or proof to the reasons for your desire to acquire a firearm.

While on this topic, the joining of a club simply to gain a firearm cert and then not renewing membership is not as smart as some people may imagine it to be.
    I have become aware of individuals (rightfully so, imo) recieving a knock on the door from the authorities asking why they have failed to renew club membership and yet stating on licence renewal form that they are a member of such club.

Not the kind of attention that I would like to be attracting from that quarter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 the_hunter

Hi, I am a shooter and I also found it hard to recieve my Shotgun licence. I am a member of courtlough. There is a shop there that sell guns and gear The guy who works in it is called Liam and hes very helpfull. I have also bought Guns from Ardee Sports Company, Search google and they shall appear. It is in County Louth they are Superb but its bit of a drive! If you want more info. Pm me. John

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

Cheers lads thanks for the help. That Ardee Sports looks just the job. My local fao is back in work tomorrow so I should get a definite answer from him. Shouldn't be too much of a problem as I've never been in trouble with the police and I previously held rifle and shotgun certs for over ten years.

Advertisement