Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Live Drums & Dj

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

I'm kinda doing it every week in De Burgo's in Galway (see gig listings). I've tried it a fair bit, and this now is a regular thing, but the most important thing is getting a balance between the two I think, sonically speaking. getting the sounds of the live to sit nicely with the sound of the.... not live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 DanPaperTank

i know what you mean man. i use a lot of Roland gear which helps add to the sound but i know exactly what you mean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

If you think you could handle playing along to completely drum centred music at 174 beats a minute for extended periods of time without slipping...

here's a mix i did recently:

executive steve "ladybird breakbeats" mix:::

alaska - archaic - vibe'z
    big bud - tears - paradox music
    alaska - criterion - vibe'z
    hidden agenda - dispatch #1 - metalheadz
    kennedy - quartz - timeless
    dj trax - syncopation - outsider
    d:bridge - love's ugly child - soul:r
    seba and paradox - rememberance - secret operations
    hidden agenda - far out - metalheadz
    d:bridge vs. calibre - hot flush - exit.vs
    seba and paradox - it's all love - paradox music

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KULCKMT6

I did this with Nurse with Wound on Wednesday night...

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I did this with Nurse with Wound on Wednesday night...

;)

How did that go? I wanted to head down but midweek trip to Galway was out of the question unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Well, we had over 100 people there, for a midweek gig on Valentine's, so I reckon it was a success!! A fantastic buzz in the place. I got an urge to join in when I heard his last song.. it kinda brought down the house ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Damn, I'm sorry I didn't go. Oh well, I'll console myself with going to see NWW in London in a couple of weeks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

You may want to check out some of the stuff that Kieran has done with Steve Reid who was a drummer who has played with a wide range of artists including Miles Davis, Ornette Coleman, James Brown, Fela Kuti and Sun Ra.

They have 2 CD's
    # The Exchange Session Vol. 1 (with Kieran Hebden, Domino, 2006)
    # The Exchange Session Vol. 2 (with Kieran Hebden, Domino, 2006)

Advertisement