Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living Art

Options
  • 15-01-2007 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi All,

Looking at getting another tattoo. Was looking for Arnas in Metal Urges in Tralee but he's travelling. Some friends have recommended Living Art in Limerick. I live in Ennis. Anybody here get any tattoos done there. It'll be a 6inch tribal on the arm. Any comments please on their standard etc?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Did you talk to Marek in Metal urges? His speciality is greywork and he does excellent work, really nice guy too. Afraid l don't know anything about living arts other than someone l know got a coloured forearm coverup there and it was very well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Mr.B

Limerick is alot closer to me and if what I hear is true, then they're supposed to be very good. Would just like to hear from someone with personal experience before I commit to them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I've been to Living Art for piercings and I really liked them but if it's a tattoo you're looking for Danny Bullman's is the place to go. It's only around the corner from Living Art.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Mr.B

I agree Danny Bullman is excellent but he's way too expensive which is not the main issue but more importantly very unreliable with his appointments. I have friends & family that have made appointments only for him to turn up and tell them he'll do it another day or keep them waiting for 2 hours or arrive late. He might be good, but with that type of attitude I'm not going there. If I make an appointment and I'm willing to pay their fee, at least show me the respect of keeping the appointment. Hence why I'm enquiring about Living Art. Personnally I don't know the guy. I can only pass judgement on what people who have dealt with him have told me. But all have said his work is top class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Squarepanties

Both myself and my sister got tattoos done in Living Art in Limerick...it was her first which unfortunately did not turn out great...i usually go to Living Art in Cork...absolutely the best of all the places ive tried...um crap sorry completely forgotten what i was going to say now!! if ya want pics r any more info feel free 2 pm...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 viva_zapata74

i usually go to Living Art in Cork...absolutely the best of all the places ive tried...
    I'm gonna have to disagree, man; living art in Cork gave me possibly the worst tattoo ever, and way too expensive. Thank God the tattoo is fairly small and can and will be covered up: crap outline of the design, bad, uneven and superficial filling, a-symmetrical result of a perfectly symmetrical design. Superficial, guys, superficial is the word; an amateur set in a lucky, central position. Will post pictures if you like me to, before I cover it up. Booked a cover up with a proper tatoo artist already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Haven't been back to Living Art since I enquired about a tongue web piercing and the piercer didn't know what it was. Heard they'd gotten a better piercer since though?

I have to admit I don't know myself what a tongue web piercing is. :D I definitely won't go back, not even for a back rub. Try Steffen, the german dude who works at the back of the headshop in Barrack street: I have seen his work and he's got a fine line in his work and a good aura around him. Friends tell me wonders about some spanish guy upstairs in Oliver Plunkett, opposite the main post office... I am checking these two out for my cover up: it's going to be a huge, tribal like arrow stretching from the elbow to halfway my hand, just before the tendons become visible. And it's going to have to be good. Any other suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I'd expect a piercer to know what it is though :D

Raoul is the name of the guy in Oliver Plunkett St. I know a few people who won't go to anyone else and he does some quality work. There's a place just of the Coal Quay and I can't remember the name of it for the life of me but I know one or two people very into their tats that get them done there.

And for the love of God, stay away from Raven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Coal Quay?that would be tribal instincts-his work has gone to **** lately,seems like one day he knows what hes doing and the next he doesnt-

Check out "clowntown" in ennis,if thaigh is there get him 2 work on you,his work and the rest of the lads in there is savage

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭spyder238

im not sure of the name but in limerick theres a tattoo plce near donky fordes with tattoo artists called jay and sparky and they're excellent, its an pub converted into a tattoo parlour, its black on the outside and it says tattoo on the side, they are amazing im getting my sleeve redone in there and its looking so much better than when i got it done in galway, if you decide to try them out ask for jay he's brilliant, i'll try find out the name for you if you like when i go back in next week.

edit: well i think its called TATTOO but i'll double check, and a load of people came in that had been tattoed and he told them to take off their shirts and show me and i have to say i was really impressed at what he'd done, even a completely free hand piece on a guys leg of a bicentenial man was amazing!

yup, I found the studio where Raoul was supposed to be -- he was not there! Does anyone know if the guy's still in the country? The studio is now called XXX, triple x, (N.Y., Wien, Saltzburg if I remember well and Cork) and when I got there I found one guy with a strong accent from downunder- don't remember his name. He saw me in a rightful mix of rage and panic, cooled me and told me to wait for the tattoo to heal and then we could develop together the idea of a design that would cover/inglobate/expand this one and make it look a lot better.

Of course: shame on me for not checking thoroughly first, and it's not even my first tattoo.

I saw a small celtic knot done by Raven on a flatmate of mine and it did not look great at all. I agree to that.

thank you all for the feedback, by the way.

gross!
    aries1.jpg
    aries2.jpg
    what do you guys think my options are for a coverup??
    PS: if the pics are too big, lemme know, I'll resize them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Just out of curiosity, is that just scar tissue over the arrow section? Kinda hard to see with the shine over the ink.

Just out of curiosity, is that just scar tissue over the arrow section? Kinda hard to see with the shine over the ink.
    yup, it's a scar.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 adastra

I have two fairly small tattoos from Living Art, and they're both well done. I thought the guys who were working in there were really nice as well (this was a couple of years ago so I don't know if they are still there). I got my first tattoo from an apprentice of Danny Bullmans and it was awful, hehe. One of the tats from Living Art was a touch-up/addition to that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Caroline - C.C.

Hey. Ya u should definately head to Living Art, i've gotten 8 tattoo's done by them and they are excellent. :) And I've gotten them to design them for me from the description of what I wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

yup, I found the studio where Raoul was supposed to be -- he was not there! Does anyone know if the guy's still in the country?

Raul is still in Triple X, I was only in there on Saturday. Adam is the Aussie guy, he did some script on my wrist and it came out beautifully I must say. I've seen some of Raul's work too and its top notch. I was talking to a guy while I was in there who says he won't go near anyone else in Cork anymore.

Maria does the piercings in there, she did my tragus last Saturday and put me right at ease. It was my first piercing so she explained it all to me and was extremely patient with all my noob questions. All in all I could really recommend them all in there and theres a good atmosphere in there too, they've all been sound out to me when I've been in there.

Also they wanted €120 to do what I wanted in Living Art and Adam did it for €80. You can't go far wrong there. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 im_a_big_deal

Avent Got A Tatoo In Der....but The Piercers Are Realli Gud...Very Chatty 2 Which Helps...U Dunt Need Ta Feel UNcomfortable Wen Ur Gettin A Tat Dun...Dats Wat The Needle Is For!!

I Kno Danny And He Is Good....If He Turns Up...Iv Got One Bi Him...Onli Cuz Hes A Friend Doh!!Tis Gud But Nutin Mad Yeno!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Avent Got A Tatoo In Der....but The Piercers Are Realli Gud...Very Chatty 2 Which Helps...U Dunt Need Ta Feel UNcomfortable Wen Ur Gettin A Tat Dun...Dats Wat The Needle Is For!!

I Kno Danny And He Is Good....If He Turns Up...Iv Got One Bi Him...Onli Cuz Hes A Friend Doh!!Tis Gud But Nutin Mad Yeno!!
    My head hurts from reading that:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭tayto909

translation anyone?? seems like some kind of english, but i can't say for certain...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Translation :pac:

Good evening ladies and gentlemen,

I have not received a tattoo from that establishment, however, the piercers are top class. They are quite conversational, which does aid you in becoming more relaxed. Uncomfortable? Guffaw! You don't need to feel out of place when the tattooing is taking place, that is what the needle is for my dear readers.

I am good friends with Daniel. He is quite exceptional, if he isn't a bit tardy that is. Guffaw, guffaw! I have a piece of art by this chap, but only because we are kindred spirits. It is acceptable but nothing out of this world dare I say it.

Kind regards,

I'm a big deal.

Deary me I did not realise this thread was so old, I do love when people open year old threads just for sh!ts and giggles. Oh my.

*closed because it's no longer relevant and I'm a big deal basically gave us the low-down on the whole place, its mad innit!* :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement