Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router brand Telsey - anyone using it?

Options
  • 15-01-2007 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

Ok, so I got my 2wire router changed against a Telsey cpva600.

Anyone else have a Telsey?

Never heard of them untill I got it today.. Googled it and didnt find out to much.. couldnt find a good manual or anything for it =/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

you get them with magnet, anyways i have a telsey on mine, magnet intro. not sure if its the same model as yours though, its a 4port modem, with 2 wifi antennae, 2 VoIP phone ports, and has router/NAT swtiched off, and works purely in switch mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 sandisk

Currently I'm using 2wire router with magnet but it's on the way out and I'm hearing bad things about the telsey modem.

Is the telsey a router that has to be configured, ports ect....

I was able to access the settings of the 2wire router by downloading a driver even though magnet wouldn't tell their customers how to access the settings and they had the firewall on maxium.

Also with my 2wire router, I have a second pc in the bedroom via wireless, so can you connect a wireless device through the telsey modem?

From what I hear, magnet won't allow you access to the telsey settings, so if I was to purchase a netgear router, would it be possible to connect the netgear router to the telsey modem and configure ports ect... from the netgear router ?

Thanks
    Sandisk

telsey = 4 port modem NOT a router, there is no NAT or router in it, and all ports will receive seperate public IPs.

No port forwarding is required or anything of the sort, its basically just a modem. if you want to have a LAN etc, then conenct up any existing router you have to one of the LAN ports.

The telsey IS wireless but like i said, will assign seperate IPs and they are likely to be on different subnets, so no LAN functionality between the two devices you connect. Personally, you are better off getting a standalone WiFi router, and conencting it to the telsey

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Yes, make sure Ethernet WAN port not a similar ADSL model.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Pauly26

ye got one of the telsey things off magnet , have a bad feeling about this thing looks like a peice of crap, much rather the 2wire.

Am going to need to setup a slingbox on this thing. any one find a way onto the telsey modem

• Advertisement

the telsey modem is administered via telnet on the wan side ( ie the ISP ). as far as i know there is no LAN accessible WEB-Interface. However I'm open to correction, howver i dont know why you need a way 'in', its just a modem

Advertisement