Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Hart Foundation, your thoughts

• 15-01-2007 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭

I know its a few days old now so its not New news, just wondering what opinions you guys have on this as I havent seen anyone mention it on here:
    source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

WWE is looking to form a faction which would include Harry Smith, Nattie Neidhart, T.J. Wilson and possibly Teddy Hart. This group would be called The New Hart Foundation. A lot of this depends on Teddy Hart signing with WWE because he is under contract to MTV's Wrestle Society X promotion until February. Also, oftentimes he is his own worst enemy when it comes to promotions who book him.

In regards to how they are all related, T.J. Wilson is a long time friend of the Harts as he'd always hang out at their house and he's considered to be family. Wilson signed a developmental contract with WWE a few months ago. After he fulfills his indy obligations, he will report to Deep South Wrestling. He is currently in a relationship with Nattie Neidhart, who is also under contract to WWE. Nattie is of course the daughter of Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart. Jim Neidhart was married to Bret Hart's sister Ellie, but apparently, they are now divorced. Also, it's pretty much a lock that Nattie will be called up to WWE sometime in 2007 one way or another.

After appearing on several house shows during the summer, Harry Smith has been sitting on the sidelines since September because WWE has no idea as to what do with him. Also, he's not appearing on OVW or DSW shows either.

Teddy Hart is a third generation member of the Hart wrestling family. His mother is Georgia Hart, who is another one of Bret's sisters. In 1998, Hart became the youngest person ever signed to a WWE developmental contract, but he was subsequently released a shortwhile later due to "attitude" problems.

In other news, Mike DiBiase, the son of wrestling legend Ted DiBiase, is reportedly dating Bret Hart's daughter Jade. Jade is 23 years old and not involved with wrestling. Although, you could see her sitting with the Hart relatives at the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony last year for Bret Hart's induction.

Imo its the right time to try and push this with HHH's injury leaving HBK without a story. With it being the 10 year anniversary of the Montral screw job this survivor series I think even the wwe could get some good storylines out of this. My only concern would be the risk of signing Teddy Hart, the guy is immensely talented but he's such a tool he could blow it all with one of his infamous tantrums.

The other alternative would be to just bring in Wilson and Smith reforming the Stampede bulldogs possibly with Nattie as a "valet" (except with actual talent) the way Lita use to be for the Hardys. I can see both "gimmicks" getting over with the fans without needing a current superstar being assigned to mentor (mentions of Benoit) them (although if they can get Bret in thatd be the icing on the cake, unfortunately you have more chance of finding out youve won the euro millions while being struck by lightning 3 consectutive times of him a) being on wwe tv and b) working with HBK again). If you watch any of their stuff ( the stampede bulldogs) on youtube they look class, be it together or facing eachother. IMO this would be far better then just waiting to bring back DX.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

you'd have to wonder where the WWE loyalties would lie though, Once Trip is back would the New Hart Foundation be pushed aside for DX? i expect so!
    So why would they bust a gut just to be a temp replacement. i think theres a little too much history, but you never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

I agree, I'd like to see a new Hart Foundation, but I can't see them being used right. They would need a huge push to get established, but I can't see them doing anything but job to DX, ala Spirit Squad. Apparently they have big plans for Harry Smith, who looks really impressive. TJ Wilson is very good too, from what Ive seen of him, and Nattie Neidhart would be great in the Womens division. Then theres Teddy. If anything is going to ruin this, its Teddy Hart. I haven't heard of him in a few years so hopefully he's copped on, he's got all the raw materials to be great.
    I wonder if WWE would look to sign Jack Evans. Like Wilson, he's been a long time friend of the family, and it would be so cool to see him at the highest level, he could definately get over straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Mhmm...weetabix

Teddy Hart has supposidly being behaving himself in Japan, supposidly being the operative word. I cant see Vince wanting Teddy, Jack and T.J all togeher (without a cruiserweight division so possibly Smackdown but thatd rule out the DX or rated RKO rivalry) as theyre similar high spot wrestlers were as VKM just wants big lumbering body builders like Botchtista and Chris Masters on his shows. It even looks like he's going to let the ECW creative bury C.M. Punk, its a joke.

Rated RKO, need a rival team, Cryme time and the highlanders arent up to it, god theyre ****e. Only other decent team is Haas and Benjamin and theyre heels...Theres definitely a main event spot for a New Hart Foundation hopefully the creative team get this right if it happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

You really think Cryme Time are shíte man?
    I think they're great! Refreshing and a lot more interesting to watch then the two boys from Deliverance! (cue banjo!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

i think cryme tyme are awful,they cant wrestle,their gimmick sucks and they botch more moves than they finish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

You could easily see a DX v Hart Foundation match at Survivor Series this year. I think its in Montreal again aswell.

I was referring more to the highlanders when I made that statement, but I really dont rate Cryme Tyme, theyre mildly amusing in their promos but their in-ring ability isn't great. lets just say they're not my cup of tea.

Yeah Vince, its in Montreal this year. Vinny Mc is really gonna milk the 10 year anniversary, I can see him burning bridges with one Mr. Bret Hart again if the wwe go their usual route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'd like to see them all debut at once as a group. It was cool when that happened with The Radicalz. Of course, those guys were veterans.

Maybe Benoit could be involved in this some way as he's a guy with a storied history involving the Harts. He could be in a mentor-type role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Yeah Vince, its in Montreal this year. Vinny Mc is really gonna milk the 10 year anniversary, I can see him burning bridges with one Mr. Bret Hart again if the wwe go their usual route.

At least some of his family might benefit from it this time.

• Advertisement

I'd like to see them all debut at once as a group. It was cool when that happened with The Radicalz. Of course, those guys were veterans.

For that to really work imo they'll have to come in as a heel faction reprising the old Anti-American gimmick or attacking HBK. Raw really needs faces at the moment and if they come in as heels or anti-american it'll limit what they can do against Rated RKO in the future with them being Heels and Edge being Canadian.
    Maybe Benoit could be involved in this some way as he's a guy with a storied history involving the Harts. He could be in a mentor-type role.

Would hope they can get Bret or even the Anvil in if they went down that road, Benoit needs to be out on his own pushing for the title. Did Jericho train in the dungeon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

WWE creative have their heads up their creative asses. If used correctly they'd be a great idea but what are the chances of that? These people have given us the following in recent months.

Two fake celebs take 30 mins to do nothing.
    Umaga (The soman bull-****e). The Grat Krapi and (I failed the)Test all become main eventers.
    Bobby "I'm greener then grass" Lashly becomes ECW champ
    CM Punk one of the few positives to come out of ECW jobs to Hardcore Holly
    Matt Hardy jobs to everyone.

No wonder the TNA chants get louder every week:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

For that to really work imo they'll have to come in as a heel faction reprising the old Anti-American gimmick or attacking HBK. Raw really needs faces at the moment and if they come in as heels or anti-american it'll limit what they can do against Rated RKO in the future with them being Heels and Edge being Canadian.

It would be easier to get them over as heels though. If they were heels they could build towards a match at Survivor Series against DX but the problem then would be that in Montreal, they'd no doubt be the faces. Which is what used to happen when the Hart Foundation went to Canada.
    Would hope they can get Bret or even the Anvil in if they went down that road, Benoit needs to be out on his own pushing for the title. Did Jericho train in the dungeon?

Yeah Y2J was trained there but I don't know if we'll see him back any time soon. I've read Benoit say in interviews that he'd like to go back to Raw and I also think a heel turn would be good for him as he seems to be a bit stale now in my opinion. He's been a face for over four years. I definitely think they could get Anvil but would he be a big enough name in this day and age?

Yeah Y2J was trained there but I don't know if we'll see him back any time soon. I've read Benoit say in interviews that he'd like to go back to Raw and I also think a heel turn would be good for him as he seems to be a bit stale now in my opinion. He's been a face for over four years. I definitely think they could get Anvil but would he be a big enough name in this day and age?

Supposidly they're trying to get him (Jericho) for a mania appearance, maybe a few more dates might be worked out as he supposidly said he misses the business and didnt expect to be away this long although he also says he loves all the other projects he's being involved in so its all talk. If Animal can get another LOD run with Heidenreich(sp) I think any connection with the old Hart foundation would make it more credible be it the Anvil (depending on his conditioning as an enforcer or a mouth piece, he use to cut some funny promos back in the day, well I was about 7 then, everything was funny, what an evil laugh) or Bret. Even Jimmy Hart as manager would help make it more credible.

Benoit just needs to get back in the HW title hunt on either show, it doesnt matter if he's a heel or a face, the guy just needs to wrestle on the biggest stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

lets just say they're not my cup of tea.
    Is it because they is black?

Is it because they is black?

:eek: (Peter Kay style) How dare you!
    It's not because they're Black, it's because they act "Ghetto", I'm not a big fan of American Rap/Hip hop culture, after living in London for the past 3 years of my life having to put up with London teenagers acting this way makes it even more painful for me to watch. I even cringe at Lax from time to time because of this, although their gimmick is class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

The Hart Foundation idea is a good one, but I'm afraid it is being created for Montreal so that DX can put themselves over. There is no chance that Bret will have anything to do with it, but I wouldnt be surprised to see Anvil showing up.

And I agree, Cryme Tyme are awful.

The Hart Foundation idea is a good one, but I'm afraid it is being created for Montreal so that DX can put themselves over.

I dunno, it depends on how big a reaction they'd get with the crowd and I could see it being huge hence why I'm interested in it so much. If it goes to plan I can see them being more then just DX's whipping boys ala Spirit squad, with a new decent heel faction you could get a decent story out of Edge and Orton turning on each other. Thatd be a good feud, again another fresh angle for the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

you see your coming up with all these ideas and reasons for ideas that could be great but your completley forgetting that those you are relying on to pick up on these ideas are the people that give us Rosie and Trump lookalikes for 20 mins, and think that its funny.

you see your coming up with all these ideas and reasons for ideas that could be great but your completley forgetting that those you are relying on to pick up on these ideas are the people that give us Rosie and Trump lookalikes for 20 mins, and think that its funny.

Haha, sad but very true. Although they did use the Rosie V Trump segment to try and get more mainstream exposure then actually entertain the fans or so the "rumours" have mentioned. Also Vince is just gone nuts, its as simple as that, I think the TNA chants behind him might be a rude awakening for him.
    I'd never expect my ideas to be picked up, just saying if I can think of them there PAID creative team should be able to think of them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

But do the creative team actually know who the Hart Foundation were? I can't see whatever angle they're put into being any use, but they should have some good matches if they get the chance

Advertisement