Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Small dents on car

Options
  • 15-01-2007 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hi,

I have 1 or 2 small dings on the car, one is a typical "golf ball" ding, I'd say it was some ignoramus lashing open their car door, one or 2 other very minor dings. I dont think theres paint missing. I remember a lad on here a while ago saying he got some mobile repair guy out to do 3 or 4 dings on his car for about 100 euro. Anyone know the name of this service?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

You could try these guys.. www.autosmartsystems.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

there is a dial a dent or dent master or something - they have been mentioned here before, maybe do a search of past posts.
    The is also carcraft I think they are called in fairview supposed to be v good

www.carcraft.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kaizersoze123

Thanks. I have dug up an old post.
    In case anyone else wants them they're
    www.thedentman.ie
    www.chipsaway.co.uk

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Another one...

http://www.dentmagic.ie/

Don't worry, their work is better than their website. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kaizersoze123

thats quite possibly the worst business website I've ever seen :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭UsedtobePC

Has anyone used any of these guys before? Any comments on quality and price?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

thats quite possibly the worst business website I've ever seen :eek:
    No contact details even :eek:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

fletch wrote:
    No contact details even :eek:

http://www.dentmagic.ie/About%20us.htm

It's a crap site alright, but the contact details are pretty easy to find in fairness. ;)

I used them, tough to get hold of as an individual as I gather their main work is for dealers, but they guy came to my workplace and fixed 2 dents on the spot. Cost around €120 I think, and he spent I'd say the guts of 2 hours working on them. One was a 2 inch long dent where a trolley had hit the bootlid - was quoted over €500 from main dealer for that one. Absolutely and utterly perfect result, no sign where the dent was at all.

The other one was about 5 or 6 inches, and over a crease line at the side of the car. Nasty one. The fix I'd say is 99% perfect - if you look REAL close, you can see a different texture on the paint which I assume is because the paint had stretched from the dent and when the dent was fixed, it kind of shrinks it again. Anyway, you wouldn't notice it unless it was pointed out, and even at that, you'd have to look at a certain angle and in certain light to see the repair.

God only knows how much the 2nd dent would have cost at the main stealers. Overall I was delighted with the repair, considering how nasty the 2nd one was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

UsedtobePC wrote:
    Has anyone used any of these guys before? Any comments on quality and price?

Yeah I used dentman. Cost me €80 for 3 small dents, took about 25 mins and he was sound. I couldnt complain for the price ;)

Only thing is he doesnt come into dublin, you have to meet him in ashbourne.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Do any of these co's cover Limerick city?

• Advertisement
Advertisement