Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rag Week 2007

• 15-01-2007 5:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know when rag week is this year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,727 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

WTF is rag week?
    I don't remember being prescribed a uniform... do we all dress as hobos or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Ah poor old Kiki, I'd say you slept through it last year :rolleyes:

I haven't a clue when it is, but for Kiki and others like him, it's when we go and get wasted for a week. College Heights will be an interesting place to be in when the time comes. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

its on the week beginning the 12th of feb

college heights was mental last year, if you live there dont leave your house open there was lots of people goin round goin in and wrecking houses and fas people who had no where to stay goin round trying windows and stuff trying to get into houses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

^^^What?! That's mad behaviour altogether. Sometimes I really wonder about DKIT...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

draffodx wrote:
    its on the week beginning the 12th of feb

college heights was mental last year, if you live there dont leave your house open there was lots of people goin round goin in and wrecking houses and fas people who had no where to stay goin round trying windows and stuff trying to get into houses
    hell yeah! a whole week of getting sh*t faced, and on the Friday I'll be celebrating my 21st. My god I'll be in some state after that week

• Advertisement

might be the 28th now, apparently the vice wants it the 12th cos if we have it on the 28th thats the same week as our mid term break but the "prez" wants it the 28th to not interfere with classes or something, will know more later today...

ah, a fellow rep eh?

roll on Rag Week, I wan't wait for the mock wedding

nope not a rep at all just know someone thats in there in the su somewhere

yeh the mock wedding is definatly the highlight of rag week! was very good last year, so good in fact that i went home eat a pizza which didnt stay there for too long and collapsed into bed not making it anywhere near sky for the night part , great fun :)

right, here's the scoop:

as it stands Rag week with be on the week starting 12th February, the same week as Shag week. The reason they have combined the two weeks is because there was a very bad turnout for the daytime entertainment last year as everyone took it as a week off college. Having the two events on the same week SHOULD improve the turnout.

if there is any changes to this I will let you all know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Jesus, I remember the the day back in the mid 1990s, queueing up in the morning in the freezing cold to get a cloak room ticket which would enable you to buy your Rag Week tickets at a certain hour, if you didn't have a ticket below 200 you'd be worrying about the Mock Wedding.

Ah bliss.

• Advertisement

i think the way they sell the tickets is a joke, letting 3rd and 4th years have whatever they want for the first day leaving the years with the majority of students in them having to put up with big q's, the classes on during rag week fiasco didnt help last year either and i know of alot of people that actually didnt go to anything as a protest against the student union.

oh and the fact that there wasn't anything worth going to during the day last year would probably be a big factor in the fact no one went, i mean the pro evo tournament should have been allowed to be played in front of a big crowd and there was only 15 contestants let join? what a joke.

And they already cant even decide what week to have it on this year? :rolleyes:

tbh, being a 3rd year, I am in full support of the selling of the tickets. Not every 3rd or 4th year is going to want to go, but it gives us the choice, which is a nice way of saying "thank you for being at this college for more than 2 years"

fair enough marts you can get me my tickets :D

no can do, they have a strict policy of only 1 ticket per student at rag week

Marts wrote:
    no can do, they have a strict policy of only 1 ticket per student at rag week

not last year, i got loads of tickets for all events only one where they limited the tickets to me was the wedding, could only buy 2

well if you got loads of tickets last year what's stopping you getting loads this year?

nothin, was only messing, sorry if i caused any offence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I stayed homew last year for rag week. i think Ill stick around this year though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

but the "prez" wants it the 28th to not interfere with classes or something, will know more later today...
    At least 1 of them has a bit of cop on then! We`d 6 weeks off for christmas, we dont need a mid term week and a stupid rag week. The rag week events and crap should be organised within the midterm break every year.

got the itenary there yesterday, definatly on the 12th, rag/shag week, theres a few interesting things on it, foam party in silence on tuesday night and the comedian from naked camera

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MDTyKe

Rag week is the biggest waste of well, anything I've heard of. The Raise a Grand or whatever aspect of it is nice, but our SU does nothing but plan 'balls', stupid 'miss dkit' things that nobody but themeselves has an interest in, and do parking protests MONTHS too late *after* contracts have already been signed...

MDTyKe wrote:
    Rag week is the biggest waste of well, anything I've heard of. The Raise a Grand or whatever aspect of it is nice, but our SU does nothing but plan 'balls', stupid 'miss dkit' things that nobody but themeselves has an interest in, and do parking protests MONTHS too late *after* contracts have already been signed...

pretty good summing up of the su :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

MDTyKe wrote:
    I hate to admit it, but you're right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Yup, that just about sums it up alright!

Are there anymore daytime events, can some1 throw up the schedule please.

Nuttzy wrote:
    Yup, that just about sums it up alright!

Are there anymore daytime events, can some1 throw up the schedule please.

most of the daytime stuff happened yesterday(monday) if i'm not mistaken, we've lost the itenary in the house so i forget whats on today and thursday is it confirmed that the wedding day part is actually in ardee!? :eek:

are any of you heading to the wedding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MDTyKe

draffodx wrote:
    most of the daytime stuff happened yesterday(monday) if i'm not mistaken, we've lost the itenary in the house so i forget whats on today and thursday is it confirmed that the wedding day part is actually in ardee!? :eek:

Rag week is now a day? Welcome to Dundalk.

MDTyKe wrote:
    In fairness.It is only Dundalk.Ye will never one f the top colleges(even unis) inn this country but god bless ye.Ye do try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

draffodx wrote:
    might be the 28th now, apparently the vice wants it the 12th cos if we have it on the 28th thats the same week as our mid term break but the "prez" wants it the 28th to not interfere with classes or something, will know more later today...

Mid-term??? I didnt hear anything about a mid-term and aren't the lecturers having talks all the week of 5th March so no classes?? There aren't gonna be any classes at all at this rate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Double post

Advertisement