Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

fog light comes on when i brake

Options
  • 15-01-2007 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

i have a renault megane van and everytime i indicate to go right or brake my fog light comes on is this serious and would it fail the D.O.E test

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

bubthatub wrote:
    serious and would it fail the D.O.E test

probably just a loose earth trouble is trying to find it :D check all connections at the back lights. ahem i never done doe but i pretty sure it will fail:(

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I had a similar issue with the missus's scenic. Are fog lights tested on the doe? because takimg out the fog light bulbs stopped it happening on the scenic. Might get you through the test so you can get it sorted after.

What seems to have happened on her scenic is that when changing the bulbs,whoever had th ecar before her was not getting the wireign loom connector to unplug from the bulb holder so was yanking at the cables, they are all pulled and I found half a broken bulb in the light encolsure. So the cable pulling moved them loose and caused it.

I did intially get advised it could be an earth issue but when i taken the bulb holder out and hold the wires in properly,everythign works fine, so it's definately a loose wire issue. I got 2 new bulb holders and wireing loom connectores off ebay for €20.

Advertisement