Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turksat / Hellas

• 15-01-2007 5:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭

I admit I only have a 60cm dish, which I know is pushing the limits, but shouldn't I get *something* from either of these sats.
    I can get Al Hurrya on 40E, plus lots of other sats, so I know my alignment is good, but not a peep from either of these birds.

Any ideas?
    Peter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The Turksat 42E is closer to horizon in Ireland so more easily blocked by a building. Is elevation correct. Indeed the West beam is very strong. Hispasat at 30W should also work.

Hellas at 39E is much weaker. Most for the SCPC stations on Turksat may be lower power or a different western sport beam as they can be be barely received on 110cm. But the Main high SR channels are strong, some as strong as 28E.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭MenloPete

Yes, indeed Watty, I can get lots from 30W to 40E, but not Turksat. I have a small hill to the East, so that may be the problem. However, is there a particularly strong transponder I could concentrate on? I don't like to give in too easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Checkout high SR West beam channels on www.lyngsat.com --> Europe --> Frequencies --> 42E

A hill unless it shadows your house till after 10am at Autumn/Spring equinox is not likely high enough.

Advertisement