Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wing Mirror - B@$t@rd$

Options
  • 15-01-2007 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Came out of the girlfriend's house in Artane this morning to discover that some fncker had smashed my passenger side wing mirror and a few others on the road as well!!! :mad:

What I'd give to get my hands on the little sh1ts!

Anyway, the mirror is still in tact and the "case" is hanging on by the wires. The coloured panel is missing off it and is not lying around the vicinity anywhere. Does anybody know if the missing pieces can be replaced or am I looking at a whole new mirror? Any recommendations on where I could get one.

The car's a 98 Astra, Brown, sorry Antelope Beige :rolleyes:. It's a peculiar colour so I'm guessing I haven't much hope at a breakers/ scrappers yard.

Any assistance any one could offer would be greatly appreciated. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

Based on my own experiences with a '95 Astra, the mirror comes in two parts which can be bought separately. The case cover (the bit that faces forward) and the rest of the unit. I wouldn't imagine that things would have changed much between 95 and 98.

I've had that happen to me 5 times now. On one occasion I was able to force it back on and right now my driver's mirror is held on with Duck Tape.

The last time I visited my main dealer to get a new mirror (which I discovered missing on the morning of my NCT Test FFS!) the spares guy said that mirrors were their biggest seller because of w@nkers kicking them off on the way home from the pub for a laugh. Yeah, *very* funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

I rang the cop shop in Coolock and although the Garda was helpful she didn't hold out much hope.

Any recommendations on where I might get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Oh how I would love to rig my mirrors so that any bastard that touched them got 10,000 volts through him...

You really have to question the mentality of these fnckin' idiots!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ay Cee wrote:
    I rang the cop shop in Coolock and although the Garda was helpful she didn't hold out much hope.

Any recommendations on where I might get one?

You could still get the colour coded mirror casing from a scrap yard and then get the casing sprayed the colour of your car. Might cost a few quid to get it sprayed though.

You could also try eBay for a cheap patented Astra mirror casing. It more than likely will be matt black in colour. If they are cheap enough you could buy both a left and right case. You could get away with fitting them without painting them at all. I doubt whether they are black or colour coded will affect the resale value of the car.

• Advertisement

Any one got an ideas on much it would be to have the mirror sprayed? Looking on Ebay I reckon I'm looking at around 50-60 quid for a new wing mirror, primed.

If it's a case of paying 50 - 60 for a new one and having to get it sprayed or paying a few quid and getting one from a scrap yard and having to get it sprayed I'd sooner go to the scrap yard :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭comanche

Ay Cee wrote:
    Came out of the girlfriend's house in Artane this morning to discover that some fncker had smashed my passenger side wing mirror and a few others on the road as well!!! :mad:

Any assistance any one could offer would be greatly appreciated. :(

scumbags - in estate, they went on rampage a while back last year. started off with wing mirrors and ended up with kicking in sun roofs and stamping down the roof of 06 5 series... scumbags.

would love to play a game of removing Anto & Deco's toenails with vice grips and see how they like it..

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭cormac_byrne

bazz26 wrote:
    You could also try eBay for a cheap patented Astra mirror casing. It more than likely will be matt black in colour. If they are cheap enough you could buy both a left and right case. You could get away with fitting them without painting them at all. I doubt whether they are black or colour coded will affect the resale value of the car.

Halfords probably have a spray can of Astra Antelope Beige or else a near match. Could try a home spray job before forking out for a professional to do it.

I've got part used cans of 'Halfords Ford Sierra Beige' & 'Halfords Rover Champagne Beige' if you want them. (Scumbags robbed my 'rusty/faded' beige Triumph Toledo, so have no use for them)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

City Auto Components off the Walkinstown roundabout will match up the paint in an aerosol for about 10 or 15 quid.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

i smashed my mirror before. rang nissan, quoted me €260+ to get it fixed. bought a case off ebay, which was matt black. wet and dried it down, got a colour made up by halfords, sprayed it, laquered it, all perfect.

Mirror Case= €10
    Wet and Dry and Paint= €20
    Not paying Nissan €250= Priceless :D

• Advertisement

Haha nice one Anto.
    I have a bit of paint here in a tin I'd bought it to touch up scratches. Guy in the motor factors knocked it up for about 10 quid I think. I think I'll be going the way of the cheapy and spraypaint. Thanks lads.

Advertisement