Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Mp3 trouble

Options
  • 15-01-2007 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

Christmas 2005 I recieved a Philips 30gb gogear as a gift. Later on in March I had to send it back for repairs. However, It now has a hardware fault. I'm in confusion about my rights here, Is the 12 month warranty extended to the March or is it too late? I don't know which way to go here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Voltwad wrote:
    Christmas 2005 I recieved a Philips 30gb gogear as a gift. Later on in March I had to send it back for repairs. However, It now has a hardware fault. I'm in confusion about my rights here, Is the 12 month warranty extended to the March or is it too late? I don't know which way to go here.

As far as I know on most electrical products a 12 month warranty (but on some it can be up to six under EU law) applies but the product is expected to last more than twelve. Since this is only a few weeks over warranty you should have no trouble getting it repaired.

So ring them and explain your situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

sound man, will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Yeah...they'll tell you to clear off and you're out of warranty...but in fact it should last up to 6 years on something like that. You might have to go to the small claims court...but a strongly worded later....pointing out your rights should prevent that!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

thank god I got an A in my business test at Xmas, Supply of goods and services act 1980 :)

Advertisement