Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

computer access

• 15-01-2007 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

can I set windows to deny access at certain time of day?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'm sure there's a software way, but you could always just take the plug with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

What version of Windows are you running?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

cremo
    :) anything more subtle?

seamus
    the dreaded ME

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Short answer then really is no.

If you fancy dipping your hand into windows scripting, then it should be possible to create a script which checks what time of day it is, and shuts down the machine if it's within a certain timeframe. Then you can schedule this to run each time the machine starts.

Not having access to ME, I can't really give you a whole lot more help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

emmemm wrote:
    cremo
    :) anything more subtle?

seamus
    the dreaded ME

how is that stupid os still poping up here, was it for sale for 6 months before they copped on

about the access restriction,

who are you trying to restrict,

in xp I suppose you could password restricted account for yourself, and have a scheduled task the creates a password free user account during the allowed times, but you might not be able to save settings or files in that account

seamus wrote:
    Not having access to ME, I can't really give you a whole lot more help

here you go

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Windows-ME-Millennium-Upgrade-Edition-Original_W0QQitemZ150078751539QQihZ005QQcategoryZ41889QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

Using ME since 2000-my first PC.Have to defrag and scandisk lots but am used to that.Wonder what benefits the upgrade has?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

ME allows every user full control/access to everything, no security whatsoever.

Password protect the BIOS ?

With NT/2K/XP/2k3 you could setup users and time limits to stop them logging on AND try the setting to forceably log the out, but not 100% sure if that chucks them out completely.

Advertisement