Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

self locking!!

Options
  • 15-01-2007 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

my 00 primera locked the doors with the key in the ignition and me in the house.Anyone had similar problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yikes! Do you have a second key? I always thought that it was impossible to
    accidently rremote lock the car with the keys in the ignition.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Ya, a friend of mine had this happen exactly to him on his '00 Primera. Strange?
    He was away on holidays and left the spare key with his brother in law...BIL decided to leave the car running one morning before he took it for a spin and closed the doors and when he got out it was locked. It was running for about 6 hrs before they prized back the window and eventually opened it with a coat hanger.
    The other key was in Lanzarote...:eek:

Hopefully you have a spare key but you wouldn't be posting here if you did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

My Golf locks itself after 30 seconds, this feature seems to turn itself on and off. Luckily it doesn't happen with the engine running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

had to get the breakdown guys out,covered by insurance.
    this only started recently ,had the car three years.it's a feature I could do without.
    got a spare made since but it's unchipped.genuine one costs e120. ripoff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Ok i had a Fronteras that would not let me open it if the phone was ringing in the car kit inside.

that was odd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Zambia232 wrote:
    Ok i had a Fronteras that would not let me open it if the phone was ringing in the car kit inside.

that was odd

That was probably because your didn't know how to spell its name :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

cars should be referred to as she/her not it.
    especially ones with quirks:) .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭lau1247

well my golf also lock itself after 30 secs but when you have the key in the car, it doesn't lock up..

It only work when your key is not..

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

Had a Polo that started to lock at totally random intervals, even whilst driving.

Fault was traced to the remote control, printed circuit board.

Water had got on to the board, verdigris had built up and caused a short.

Think the water got on the board by careless use of a pressure washer.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Lex Luthor wrote:
    It was running for about 6 hrs before they prized back the window and eventually opened it with a coat hanger.
    The other key was in Lanzarote...:eek:

They could have opened the door by operating remote control down a phone from Lanzarote.

It Works!!!!!

Cal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭wba88

Cal wrote:
    They could have opened the door by operating remote control down a phone from Lanzarote.

It Works!!!!!

Cal.
    i tried this once but it didnt work. how close to the car do u hold the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

I may have been too hasty/gullible. I've heard it worked and I even heard it had been confirmed on Mythbusters.

Further research seems to indicate that if it does work it is rare but it fails on most cars.

http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/keyless.asp

I'll get my coat.........

Cal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭wba88

Interesting, ill try it with my remote key as that link said it didnt work with a KEYLESS remote

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

This used to happen with my 00 yaris. It was a feature the garage could turn off though. Cant remember why the garage had to do it...

Anyway got stung with it once when i really needed to go somewhere. Had to get the coat hanger out. Its so easy to open a car with a coat hanger its ridicules!

Advertisement