Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I banned from Paranormal?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

ned78 wrote:
    What's bizarre is that another user in the same Forum took the same point of view as mine, and yet wasn't banned.
    Just want to make clear that the reason for your banning was not the position you took, it was the manner in which you went about it. Your post was clearly dismissive and insulting of the forum, it's subject material and it users. You admit to being deliberatly sarcastic to wind people up, which is commonly known as trolling. You mention that you admin 2 sites, do you not ban trolls from those ? That's kind of a pointless question really because we do here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

stevenmu wrote:
    You mention that you admin 2 sites, do you not ban trolls from those ?

Absolutely not. Why would I take such an irrevokable path, when there's other avenues to be explored first. I'll make an attempt to educate first, as will my mods, and failing that, it's a temporary ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

ned78 wrote:
    I posted a bit of a sarcastic ditty today in the thread, but one based on scientific facts

There's a reason the Paranormal forum is in rec, and not sci,it's personal opinions that count when discussing the threads there.
    You're obviously oblivious to your own contradictory comments

muffler wrote:
    You're obviously oblivious to your own contradictory comments

You're making quite the assumption. I stated that the reason Paranormal is in Rec, is because most of the statements there have no scientific merit. I also stated that the post I made was of sarcasm and scientific basis. How is that contradictory, and in what context? Nice aliteration btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

It was me that reported the post and I'm glad I did. As you said you are aware that you set out to be sarcastic and condesending. You didnt read the charter and the only reason you are sorry is because your actions got you a ban.

Why would you want to return to the forum if you feel it is without scientific merit? Surely the Skeptics Forum would suit you better?

As for your own forum sites that you moderate, where you dont ban trolls, I think I can see at least some of the reasons why they will never be as big or successful as Boards.ie ... and if they are so great why not just stay there?

• Advertisement

6th wrote:
    It was me that reported the post and I'm glad I did. As you said you are aware that you set out to be sarcastic and condesending. You didnt read the charter and the only reason you are sorry is because your actions got you a ban.

We've been over this ad naseum, already in this thread. But sure, I'm sure some other Mod would love to chime in and repeat it several times more.
    6th wrote:
    Why would you want to return to the forum if you feel it is without scientific merit? Surely the Skeptics Forum would suit you better?

Indeed it would. I had asked about the possibility of apologising on the Forum, but to be honest, after the posts by the Mods on this thread, I don't particularly think the Mods deserve any apology. It's the users who do.
    6th wrote:
    As for your own forum sites that you moderate, where you dont ban trolls, I think I can see at least some of the reasons why they will never be as big or successful as Boards.ie ... and if they are so great why not just stay there?

Look at my sig. Do you see anything remotely connected to boards' style? No. I Admin and Mod motoring Forums that, despite your 'predictions' are extremely sucessful. But yet again, 6th, someone like you is just a wonderful asset to boards, telling users to 'go to another forum'. You should be proud of what you've acheived with your post.

I am one of the users of the forum, not a mod, and I neither want nor need an apology from you.

Do you have any idea how many good posters join this site everyday? me telling one to go away every few months is hardly affecting the numbers ;)

Keep your insults and discussions about my ban on this thread 6th, and not on the Ban Process thread.

You are the only one cross contaminating these threads.

Advertisement