Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for free javascript text editor?

Options
  • 15-01-2007 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    does anyone know of a free javascript text editor like the one vbulletin uses on this site? To save me coding one (which looks like a pure pain in the ass to do).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

FCKeditor, I've used it before, works a charm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 teacherdee

no! haha I was snooping around and I wanted to say hello!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

With all due respect teacherdee, these forums are not chat rooms. Mods will not approve of you wanting to say hello.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Bizarre. Anyway a PM explaining the situation has been sent to teacherdee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

I used Fckeditor on a recent project. While some people find it heavy or slow, I find Fckeditor is easy to train nontechie people to use, especially when it comes to allowing users to upload files and images to the site. It has difficulty working with third party javascript spellcheckers.

TinyMce is ok also. Needs a bit more configuring to work well. Some features are ie only, like the spellchecker plugin last time I looked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

FCKeditor, Exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

You could use Programmer's Notepad http://www.pnotepad.org/

It's good for a range of different languages (Javascript, C#, SQL etc)

That's if you use windows, Smultron is a good one for Mac, don't know about anything else.

Advertisement