Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Weird one

Options
  • 15-01-2007 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

My girlfriends car has central locking, but it doesnt work outside her house anymore. But it does work everywhere else.

this is only happening the last couple of weeks, so she brought it down to Belgard Motors who told her its something to do with a frequency thing in the tallaght area thats messing up loads of central locking and alarm systems?

Now it sounds like a load of crap to me, but what do yous think?

Is this the lamest excuse ever for not wanting to fix something, or is it actaully true?

Anyone else in certain parts of tallaght experiencing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I havnt had an problems with the remote central locking on any of our 3 renaults. no problems on my mates bmw and no one else i know has brought it up.

I dont deal with belgard motors anymore due to previous incident with an A class. Besides that I never really liked the place. Boss in my last job used to work for them and didnt liek the place either.Maybe they are a bunch of spoofers.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 mazdafarl

It is possible but if you can change the frequency on the remote system someway, or else just get a new one that uses a different F.range

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Caribs

Do you by any chance live anywhere near a police station.

There's one about 100m from my house and semi regularly my remote alarm central locking wont work. Someone mentioned frequencies to us too, there's a dirty great radio mast at the back of the station. Seems to affect the wireless house alarm systems too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

this only started happening the last couple of weeks, and there hasnt been any new masts or developments around. Its in the middle of a big housing estate up past the square.

tis a strange one :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Does it happen just outside the house? Will the remote work if you drive down the road a bit. It might be something that some has locally, in their house perhaps. Worth a go given the 'weirdness' of the fault. Can't say I ever came across that one before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭kilasser

Here’s a funny one. I got a cordless doorbell about a year ago. For the first few days of having it was ringing and nobody would be at the door when answered. One day shortly after this I was talking to my neighbour. He said that every time he opened or closed his car a bell would go off in my house. He pressed is key fob there for me and sure enough the doorbell rang. I changed the frequency of the bell and we had no more problems. His car was an Astra by the way.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

kilasser wrote:
    Here’s a funny one. I got a cordless doorbell about a year ago. For the first few days of having it was ringing and nobody would be at the door when answered. One day shortly after this I was talking to my neighbour. He said that every time he opened or closed his car a bell would go off in my house. He pressed is key fob there for me and sure enough the doorbell rang. I changed the frequency of the bell and we had no more problems. His car was an Astra by the way.

Wonder if someone rang your doorbell did his car door open? :D

The frequency of the central locking system on my Astra is around 433MHz, I guess a lot of them operate around there. As said above, if someone has a new wireless device installed, it might block the central locking signal from your key.

Have you tried operating the central locking while very close to the car, I mean right beside it? Also try changing the battery in the key as it may be low.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

yeah - 433MHz and 868MHz - they're used by wireless house alarms too. Wonder if any of the neighbours have installed a new alarm recently ;)

Advertisement