Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed in attic....

Options
  • 15-01-2007 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

Hi all,I am planning on flooring my attic and wondered what method/materials people normally use.

My joists are 600 apart and attic flooring in b&q say max of 450 between joists.Maybe i can use 3/4" plywood?

Should i put some 2 x2 on top to make them stronger as they are 4 x 2 joists?

My insulation at the moment is the loose type and i wondered should i compress it with pushing between floor and joists and use new stuff for the rest?

Kind Regards,

Kieran

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭zt-OctaviaN

Im also thinking of throwing some insulation down as I want to board it just using attic as a little storage space.
    Theres fiberglass between joist at the moment any comments please?
    Thanks
    Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

There is sheets available for flooring attics and are made for 600mm spacings on a trussed roof which I'm assuming you have.They come in 8'x2' and are tongue and grooved.They are either made of chipboard or OSB board.Either will do the job for you.Any buillders merchants will be able to sort you out.Last time I bought them a few years ago they were about 10 euro each.

Advertisement